Radar detector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nailz

Reaction score
Install Pictures

I'm looking to do the ****** 9500Ci as well, hoping for a few install pics.

OP
OP
palen2

palen2

Reaction score
I live in southern California the traffic is not the same as it is in outer states the outer drivers are not the same the speed traps are not the same speed limit is 70 mph and it will drop to 55 mph posted behind a tree on a down hill and the CHP will be hidden behind a bush with radar if you turn on your blinker to change lanes outer drivers will speed up and block you in and if my current insurance company doesn't want my money that's ok outers will gladly take it radar detectors will alert me if emergency vehicle is approaching and the speed limit and they are legal in my state

Attachments

• imagesCAG9GELA.jpg
    imagesCAG9GELA.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
OP
OP
palen2

palen2

Reaction score
****** ZR-3

Watch "Prolaser II Police Lidar Gun Getting Jammed by ****** ZR-3" on YouTube :flipthebird: :mwah1: Unfortunately I live in SO CAL and laser shifters are illegal in my state. so I'm thanking of getting Veil anti laser stealth coating to coat my license plate seen it on amazon for $84.95.

Last edited:

starkall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a V1 hard wired to my mirror with the mirror mount. It works great

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another Valentine V1 vote! I've had one in my 2009 Z06 Corvette since I bought the car new and it has been a perfect detector (actually talks to the heads p display in the car for direction, distamce and band)! I know it's saved me on numerous occasions!

I'm getting ready to order another one for the Raptor, so I won't have to keep swaping back and forth!

Good luck with your choice.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Nissan has the 9500 and my merc came with a hardwared v1 already. No matter what setting I can't get the v1 to shut up:).it makes me think it's crying wolf all the time. I prefer the ****** at this point but we will see.

SVT 4x4

Reaction score
I run ****** 9500ix's in both my Raptor and my SRT8 Grand Cherokee. They have bailed me out numerous times and have paid for themselves.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran a few generations of V1's for over a decade, still the best detector imo... but for daily use the 9500ix is a much better unit to keep you sane from mind numbing beeps. Ran the V1 and 9500ix side by side for a few months, V1 picked everything up sooner, but the false alarm memory GPS and camera notification on the ****** made it a winner for daily driver duty.

I now run the new ****** Max, even better unit, and an awesome suction cup system. It even stayed on for all of havoc in the hills

Daily use: 9500/Max
Vacation/Trip use: V1