Radar detector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstahl

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have both an ****** 9500ci and a Beltronics StiR. They are both great. The STiR is a bit cheaper without laser detector/jammer (and slightly more flexible otherwise the same), which helps if you do not need them or want a different laser solution. Would recommend either if you want a built in detector.

Geoff (FNG)

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One of the guys that worked here until about a month ago had one. He said he didn't like it as well as the 9500ci. I didn't press as to why, because I was sold on the Redline already anyway.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Save some money...drive the speed limit...:imo:

While I agree, it can really help you out in speed trap areas where the MPH drop down and sometime you don't notice. Always nice to get a little alert and put the foot on the brake.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Even when that is your objective, we are all a very minor slip away from making a sizable donation to a very inefficient local bureaucracy.

The one speeding ticket I ever got was on a night driving home from college, when I actually set out to drive slow and save some gas money. No cruise control in that old police cruiser I was driving, and I was going faster than I intended when I passed the radar car.

And the tax collectors know exactly where you are likely to be going faster & position themselves accordingly.

OP
OP
palen2

palen2

Reaction score
pros and cons

I appreciate all the leads I am still researching all the pros and cons I'm liking the ****** Passport 9500ci w/ ****** Live for Android with laser shifter $1850 cost I'm wondering if the shifter is affective if anyone has experience with this feature pleas add replies I have read that is not very effective with large vehicles and it is pricey. but that's ok if it works good. Thanks everyone :pp:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yay Fred!

You can wait until you are my age and decide that it's pointless to be in such a hurry to shave a few seconds or minutes off your commute, or you can listen to Fred and learn it earlier.

And a note concerning your auto insurance. Some insurance companies will refuse to renew your insurance without explanation if they learn that you own a radar or laser detector. Geico for certain, and there are others.

How do they learn that? They ask. When your insurance is up for renewal in a couple months they'll give you a friendly call. They'll ask you if you own a Citizens Band radio. You'll answer, and they don't care what your answer is. That question is simply to prime you to answer the next question - the one that counts. "Do you own a radar detector?" Answer yes and your business relationship with that insurance company is over.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all the leads I am still researching all the pros and cons I'm liking the ****** Passport 9500ci w/ ****** Live for Android with laser shifter $1850 cost I'm wondering if the shifter is affective if anyone has experience with this feature pleas add replies I have read that is not very effective with large vehicles and it is pricey. but that's ok if it works good. Thanks everyone :pp:
there have not been any issues from the units i have installed. i did have a bad shifter once, but as far as effectiveness on larger vehicles, i havent had an issue in my truck. it has saved me quite a few times. the reason its less effective on larger vehicles is due to the size of the vehicle, it may be possible to be hit where the shifters cant cover. i havent had a problem like this yet, but it is possible. never an issue with the raptor though.