Pro's and Con's of BeadLocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

996Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been running the Walker Evans Race wheel with beadlocks on my truck for about a year now with 15k miles on them, and have had 0 problems. I have checked the torque on the rings twice, not 1 was loose! They are expensive, and that is the down side, but I like the peace of mind when airing down in the desert.

:alone:

I have the same wheels and the same results. I have had zero problems with air leaking or bolts being loose. I checked them every 2-3 weeks for the first 6 months and didn't ever have any that were loose.

RajunCajun37

Banned
Reaction score
fuel beadlocks are heavy
check out METHOD's beadlocks, only 33 lbs.
Plus it looks like their lug nuts are lighter too

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to add my 2 cents. I am going to be a half trailer queen owner. I am not physically able to get wild off road, and airing down as needed, for the low impact style of off roading I will be doing, I am keeping the 20's on her to run on the road as dd package and a stock set of rims and tires for off road. I am doing this mainly because I bought my Raptor with 20's on it and do NOT want to be running those on the truck off road. But I don't think I will get wild enough with the truck to warrant the cost or risk of issues with beadlocks. I am a poboy and want to save my money for go fast parts just because I know for a FACT that one or more of the diesel trucks around here are going to challenge me at some point. The way the truck looks, it is inevitable and while I don't street race, I'd like to be able to meet'em on the track if needed.

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool. I think you are going to like them a lot. I have run the **** out of mine, and like some of the other guys, have not had issues with the bolts. What are you thinking for the finish??

I did a custom green powdercoat that came out really well and still looks good.

5695-green-method-beadlocks.jpg

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The hub will be matte black, ring anthracite, and black oxide bolts. Should go well with my black truck but not completely murder it out.

Now to decide what to do about spares, spend the money on bead lock spares or get matching simulated beadlocks for spares.

And next dilemma is center caps

Kx are new lugs required too?

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huck, that combo really sounds good. I went ahead and popped for two matching spares. Which ever way you go, do it all at once so you have no color matching issues.

G&P Racing will have caps available at some point. Do you want medium height caps ( shorter than stock ) or something close to flush? Caps would be flat black. The ones in the photo are what I call medium height.

And yes, you will need new lugs...lots of choices open or closed.

5694-img-5417.jpg

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I'd go flush with the cap.

I have to talk to the retailer about the non bead locks. I plan on doing it all at once for color matching but then a spare is a spare, almost considered two double standards as spares.

Tough pill to swallow at 6 bead locks.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can pickup a spare DS or std if youre set on a 6th wheel, though cost isn't much more for the real deal. Todd may have a spare DS for ya ;) are the lug recesses different than the std and dblstd?

As for caps, grant know my opinion... Flush city!