Perch Mod V. Leveling Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So..... As most know, i've been an advocate of the perch mod since doing mine and simply assumed that it was the way to go. I drove another Raptor today with an exact setup to mine (bed cage, 37's, deavers) but this one had the spacer kit instead of the perch mod. What a world of difference it was driving this truck in comparison. I've already ordered my Truxx kit so that is that.

Just an FYI to anyone on the fence with what direction to go. I've tried em' both....

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No shizz, 'Tizz?

I was looking at pics of my old Supercab with the perch mod done and so badly wanted to do it.

I need to research more kits... I remember something about the cutting of bolts and shit in one of them.

Do you need to get an alignment after this as well?

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm getting it realigned once the kit is on. I really don't like the idea of spacers but driving the Raptor with the kit made it feel like it was back to its escalade ride quality ways.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aren't there some major component differences between the two (or three) that are out there?

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No idea but your comment about cutting the bolts had me thinking so I found a thread on here that confirmed your suspicion. A couple guys on here have gone with the Daystar and it sounds like it's a good option.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just read a bit about it and it looks like the Truxx kit is equal to the middle perch and the Daystar is more equal to the top? Damn, I wanted to go middle but not via the perch method.

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope that's the case about the Daystar becasue I wanted to stay at the same ride height.