80k miles with a tune what maintenance is due?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdfd504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 2017 GEN 2 that just turned 80,000 miles. I have kept up on the routine maintenance of oil changes spark plugs however I want to dive deep into some fluid changes.

Rear differential - change to Ford performance or spicer cover with new fluid?

Transfer case - Drain and replace fluid?

Front differential - looks like a PITA to drop the cover? Have dealer do service?

Transmission fluid - Dealer flush?

Shock rebuild - purchase rebuilt shocks and sell off mine?

Anything else that needs to be done? I know the Ford recommended mileage on a lot of the maintenance items is incorrect for the use the raptor sees.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rear diff would be a good one to change out now. Especially if you've been through any water. I did the ford performance cover when I swapped mine for future ease of changing the oil.

Yup on transfer case.

Front diff I just let the dealer deal with.

Transmission I would drop the pan and refill. PITA method to verify the level.

For shocks, can go that method or buy new from Tasca and then sell your old ones as to be rebuilt.

Coolant would be a good one to consider getting changed.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I just changed all the fluids (coolant too) in my 2018 at 85k. I didn't pull the front diff cover at this point. I used a vacuum sucker to get the fluid out of the front only. It was not visibly bad and with a clean plug, so maybe next time I’ll remove the cover. The front diff only carries a part-time load and never as much as the rear, so… thats my rationale for fluid-only.

OP
OP
sdfd504

sdfd504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear diff would be a good one to change out now. Especially if you've been through any water. I did the ford performance cover when I swapped mine for future ease of changing the oil.

Yup on transfer case.

Front diff I just let the dealer deal with.

Transmission I would drop the pan and refill. PITA method to verify the level.

For shocks, can go that method or buy new from Tasca and then sell your old ones as to be rebuilt.

Coolant would be a good one to consider getting changed.
Yes forgot to add coolant to the list. Looks like pretty easy to swap to the new orange coolant.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
For the transmission fluid - you want to replace the fluid, be careful about using the term ‘flush’ with transmission service and make sure the shop follows the correct transmission fill procedure.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tday1103