Perch Mod V. Leveling Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
those are set up just like the stock fox shocks with the adjustments and all makes me wonder which is better perch mod of leveling kit?? well i sure hope someone can tell us which one is better lol im subscribing to this thread for sure. this is a great discussion tizzy kudos to you :waytogo:

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talking to the manager at 4WheelParts (yes, yes, I know, 4WheelParts but my options are limited in SE Texas) this weekend about mid perch plus spacer (see my post above). He thought it was a bad idea. He did not like spacers on the Raptor because things would "stretch" too much (I assume a reference to over-extended down travel and the resulting banging together of spring and upper arm, etc.) Without any prompting on my part, he walked over to the Bilstein shocks noted in Raptizzle's post and said this is the same concept as your Fox shocks. Told me to move to the top perch if I didn't think the middle was high enough. Sounds like some guys have had no issues with their "spacer" Raptors, but would also like to hear what the forum experts have to say.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Talking to the manager at 4WheelParts (yes, yes, I know, 4WheelParts but my options are limited in SE Texas) this weekend about mid perch plus spacer (see my post above). He thought it was a bad idea. He did not like spacers on the Raptor because things would "stretch" too much (I assume a reference to over-extended down travel and the resulting banging together of spring and upper arm, etc.) Without any prompting on my part, he walked over to the Bilstein shocks noted in Raptizzle's post and said this is the same concept as your Fox shocks. Told me to move to the top perch if I didn't think the middle was high enough. Sounds like some guys have had no issues with their "spacer" Raptors, but would also like to hear what the forum experts have to say.

thats the same thing i was thinking after seeing tizzy's post about the bilstein shocks maybe the perch mod is the way to go.. maybe fox made these shocks that way just for the reason of leveling out the raptor or making it sit a little nose high without it ******** up the range of travel up and down:33:

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well i guess a question i have is, has anyone had any issues with the perch mod on the fox shocks? I'm going to the middle setting next week, thanks to Central 4wheel drive. 4wheelparts wouldn't touch the mod (d!cks)

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
http://www.bilsteinus.com/fileadmin/...WebArticle.pdf

On edit.... Sorry.. just saw the link was in the post above....

The better way to go... Better ride quality and more wheel control... Would be the new Icon 2.5" dia coil overs or the Icon 3.0" coil overs... Out soon!

do you guy sell the icons? i was looking at the kings but when i heard icon was coming out with 3.0" set of shocks i decided to wait. any idea when they're gonna be available? i asked the guys at icon but no answer yet.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.bilsteinus.com/fileadmin/...WebArticle.pdf

On edit.... Sorry.. just saw the link was in the post above....

The better way to go... Better ride quality and more wheel control... Would be the new Icon 2.5" dia coil overs or the Icon 3.0" coil overs... Out soon!

SDHQ, I intepret this as (i) perch adjustment better than spacer for all the reasons cited by bilstein, (ii) ICON 2.5 coil overs better than stock Fox 2.5, and (iii) if you were a real man you would buy the new ICON 3.0. Thanks for the expert opinion! I think I am going to the top (somewhat disappointed that I stopped in the middle - live and learn). I haven't priced ICON but I have seen my checking account and I am pretty sure they are not in the budget just yet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tday1103