Payload SUCKS!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta love how the Raptor and related specs aren't even the topic anymore but, we're still talking about nagging people that don't understand logic. :D

*no offense to anyone or their significant others*

Last edited:

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does it mean that it rides like an F450 when unloaded?

Also, wouldn't ride be unaffected when not carrying a load because they bump stop doesn't make contact?

Why remove them when unloaded?

Thanks

they sit so close to the pads on the axle that a good bump will come into contact with the timbren

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, this thread has been going on for so long I'm buying a Prius.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would a sumo be better in the sense that its shorter and will therefore leave more travel?

i am not familiar with those but i just googled it quick and it looks like the same exact concept to me - you could ask them what the distance is to the axle pad and the sumo spring unloaded and that would answer your question. i would say the timbren is about 1 inch unloaded so if they are further apart than that then it may work better, regardless though you are very much limiting your suspension travel by adding either one that is why i felt better to treat it as a temporary solution only when carrying extra weight.