Payload SUCKS!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for contributing to an enjoyable read. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL - I almost spilled my Scotch last night laughing.

Towing with 35" or 37" tires on a 17" x 8.5" rims isn't the best option either. I am currently on 37s with bead locks. Huge difference from 35s and not in a good way. Too much sidewall flex. There are gives and takes to everything. The Raptor, well at least mine, is a compromise - Do most things well but not any one thing fantastic other than comfort. Pick your poison gentlemen - Buy your tools for your specific needs then modify them accordingly.

Enough said but definitely fun reading - Thank you.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Tore me to sheds"...lol, you really showed me who's boss alright. Karen, you're butt hurt because I don't like something about your pride and joy. It hurts your ego and can't handle anyone simply putting out there that the truck has a huge flaw that shouldn't be overlooked. I overlooked it. I assumed the truck would be close to EVERY OTHER TRUCK on the market. It's not, that's fine but guess what that mean...here it comes...wait for it.... THE PAYLOAD SUCKS!

So does "every other truck" with a higher payload...but can't do this...also suck? Can't have it both ways.

2019-Ford-F-150-Raptor-blue-air.jpg

OP
OP
Pokahpolice

Pokahpolice

Reaction score
This thread has been my entertainment for the past few days. We've all been cooped up in the house too long so I may be enjoying this a bit too much.

It's like logging into CNN.com where rather than taking the entirety of a statement you simply point to single words or sentences and try to impeach any independent thinking. Then you get a bunch of group-think Chris Cuomos and Jake Tappers to ignore blatantly obvious statements, call them unintelligent, and create a false narrative.

Me: "Wow the payload is really low on this truck. I wish I looked at that closer before the purchase."​

Fredo: BREAKING NEWS FLASH - "OP mistakes Ford Raptor for F550 Super Duty Diesel. Complains about not being able to haul boat anchors"​

Me: "Um, I'm not hauling boat anchors, just my family and some camping gear"​

Jake: "Chris, This OP is located in Maine where racists clan members haul over 3.5million tons of illegal lobsters to wealthy communities. Do you think the OP knew he was purchasing the number zero truck for hauling racists lobsters?"​

Fredo: "I'm not calling the lobsters or the OP racists but the facts don't lie"​

Me: "Um, I just mention the payload. I'm confused why you called me racists, that's ********?"​

Jake: "Why do you feel it's necessary to use such inflammatory language. This network focuses on facts. I don't think you're intelligent enough to own a Raptor if you ignore these facts. Answer the question, Are Maine boat anchors heavy?"​

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I think it went something like this...

Me: The Raptor payload sucks. But I don't haul or tow anything heavy, so no worries.
Me: But I do tow a utility trailer, 4000# boat and haul a 1,000# load of of wood to my cabin 5 to 6 times a year.
Me: I F%$#&D UP AND DIDN"T LOOK AT THE PAYLOAD RATING!!!
Me: Hey Karen... what are you doing in the driveway... aren't you supposed to be up on the roof?

Sorry, I couldn't resist... I too have been cooped up too long!! LMAO

OP
OP
Pokahpolice

Pokahpolice

Reaction score
Actually, I think it went something like this...

Me: The Raptor payload sucks. But I don't haul or tow anything heavy, so no worries.
Me: But I do tow a utility trailer, 4000# boat and haul a 1,000# load of of wood to my cabin 5 to 6 times a year.
Me: I F%$#&D UP AND DIDN"T LOOK AT THE PAYLOAD RATING!!!
Me: Hey Karen... what are you doing in the driveway... aren't you supposed to be up on the roof?

Sorry, I couldn't resist... I too have been cooped up too long!! LMAO

The hitch weight on the boat is very low because the weight of the boat is almost 100% over the axles of the trailer. As heavy as that boat is, I can lift the tongue. The Raptor can easily tow the boat and the payload is barely affected.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hitch weight on the boat is very low because the weight of the boat is almost 100% over the axles of the trailer. As heavy as that boat is, I can lift the tongue. The Raptor can easily tow the boat and the payload is barely affected.
I know, I know... I was just being a smart ass.

What kind of boat do you have?