Payload SUCKS!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pookahpolice said this:

geeeez, I didn't take a look at the payload while buying it because I presumed, if worse than a regular truck, it would still be relatively ok - because it cant be thaaaat much less than a regular f150.

regular f150: around 2,000 lbs
raptor: around 1000 lbs

(read this in Morgan freeman's voice):

turned out, it was much less

then the folk on fordraptorforum brought out the forks and torched the guy because he said it sucked

they retorted - you suck for assuming a more expensive truck would not inferior towing loads despite it being a sports truck not a towing truck

burned-stake.jpg

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pookahpolice said this:

geeeez, I didn't take a look at the payload while buying it because I presumed, if worse than a regular truck, it would still be relatively ok - because it cant be thaaaat much less than a regular f150.

then the folk on fordraptorforum brought out the forks and torched the guy because he said it sucked

they retorted - you suck for assuming a more expensive truck would not inferior towing loads despite it being a sports truck not a towing truck

View attachment 141304

Did you at least get your Last Supper on Thursday?

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
pookahpolice said this:

View attachment 141304
The problem with your towing post was that you left out key information for several posts and when we all tried to tell you that your assumptions on load and tongue weigh was wrong, you still insisted you were right and then played the victim of how we were burning you at the stake. In your initial post, you never mentioned you towed. Which was key information because, I assume, you though you knew what you was correct.

the OP of this thread, also made assumptions on load, which he admitted. But rather looking at the issue as, “I made a mistake on load and use, how can I increase the functionality of the raptor to make it more usable” he just said it sucks and it shouldn’t be like that. It wasn’t the issue that was taken offense. It was the manner in which he did it. Fine. It sucks in his eyes however, the post came across as more complaining than looking for a solution. And when it was pointed out that the raptor isn’t much of a truck, victim mode come into play and responded to respond, not to understand what actually was being said.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with your towing post was that you left out key information for several posts and when we all tried to tell you that your assumptions on load and tongue weigh was wrong, you still insisted you were right and then played the victim of how we were burning you at the stake. In your initial post, you never mentioned you towed. Which was key information because, I assume, you though you knew what you was correct.

the OP of this thread, also made assumptions on load, which he admitted. But rather looking at the issue as, “I made a mistake on load and use, how can I increase the functionality of the raptor to make it more usable” he just said it sucks and it shouldn’t be like that. It wasn’t the issue that was taken offense. It was the manner in which he did it. Fine. It sucks in his eyes however, the post came across as more complaining than looking for a solution. And when it was pointed out that the raptor isn’t much of a truck, victim mode come into play and responded to respond, not to understand what actually was being said.

I didn't leave out key info

I posted what information I thought was relevant

I cannot know what I do not know

when asked anything - I answered

I also made a mistake in tow load on tongue and owned up to that mistake

I never argued I was right

Your second paragraph is 100% correct - but that doesn't mean you get to tear the guy to shreds
especially because all he was saying later on was:
I think this little wood-supply + 4 passengers is really too little

again - hes wrong
its not too little or too much

its the amount he can carry to enjoy the benefits of the magnificent raptor for its intended design

but some y'all tore him to shreds

lets be gentle when we can