Painting brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a red dupli-color kit and the paint hasnt had the best results. They have chipped quite a bit. The same kit is holding up ok my e30 m3 for some reason. I'll try to touch up the trucks calipers one more time, and if it doesnt take, I'll have to have them professionally done.

Last edited:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used the duplicolor kit on my last truck and they came out great and held up pretty good too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Silnus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Painting stock calipers makes it look cheap in my opinion. The casting on them are very porous looking and not made to look pretty. Go aftermarket with Brembo or Wilwood for the fronts, and if you have the cash do the backs as well. Quite expensive but not only would they perform great, but look 1000x better.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Painting stock calipers makes it look cheap in my opinion. The casting on them are very porous looking and not made to look pretty. Go aftermarket with Brembo or Wilwood for the fronts, and if you have the cash do the backs as well. Quite expensive but not only would they perform great, but look 1000x better.

What about the fit on aftermarket wheels, i.e. Methods? will not work... Are you even sure if the 6 piston Brembos or Wilwoods will fit with the stock wheels?

Silnus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the fit on aftermarket wheels, i.e. Methods? will not work... Are you even sure if the 6 piston Brembos or Wilwoods will fit with the stock wheels?

I remember reading somewhere that one of the brands will clear a stock 17'' wheel. Ill have to dig that up.

Correction,

I couldnt not find clearing the 17'' so my mistake. However, I dont know how you feel about caliper covers but some of them look ok. To each their own on painting them. Its just personal preference is all.

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for the Brembos, but the Wilwoods were in the Vet, loved em!

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the Brembo kit is 5k, and has to use a 20" wheel or bigger. They are amazing brakes though.