Order Date, Build Date, Current Status of your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chukaraholic

Reaction score
[

No, my March 20th date was moved to March 31. About 5 days ago, I checked again and that date had also been swiped off the schedule. Ford now refuses to give me a specific build date, and instead says, "Early April, and that is subject to change...". Not trying to have a pity party, but I am exceedingly disappointed. Additionally, Gus Johnson will not confirm for me what is going on; I asked 5 days ago...they said they would find out...I check back everyday with them.....and they have not told me anything. Nothing.[/QUOTE]

Are you allocation #4 or #5? I just got my VIN from Gus Johnson yesterday but no build date. When I enter the VIN to get the window sticker it just tells me no window sticker has been generated yet. I'm allocation #6.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[

No, my March 20th date was moved to March 31. About 5 days ago, I checked again and that date had also been swiped off the schedule. Ford now refuses to give me a specific build date, and instead says, "Early April, and that is subject to change...". Not trying to have a pity party, but I am exceedingly disappointed. Additionally, Gus Johnson will not confirm for me what is going on; I asked 5 days ago...they said they would find out...I check back everyday with them.....and they have not told me anything. Nothing.

Are you allocation #4 or #5? I just got my VIN from Gus Johnson yesterday but no build date. When I enter the VIN to get the window sticker it just tells me no window sticker has been generated yet. I'm allocation #6.[/QUOTE]

That's right, now I remember you are a fellow Gus Johnson customer Chukaraholic. I was originally told I was #6 allocation, out of 7 total. Then, later, many months ago, I was told I moved much closer to the beginning of the list, but it's just a speculation as to where exactly. I was guessing #4. As far as I know, Gus has only delivered 2 units, a Shadow Black, and most recently an Avalanche. Cobber's will be next. So #4 will be??? I don't know. Could be mine....but I don't expect to see it until May now. Last date Gus gave me for an ETA was 4/24/17...but that was with a build date of March 31st, and now even they concede that that date seems to be non-existent (Ford Service is the entity that claims "Early April, but subject to change...").

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Well, just to add a new twist....my dealer just texted me and said my build date is now March 27 :)

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Oh, and to address your comment about the window sticker not pulling up Chukaraholic, same message here, it hasn't been released. Some guys have reported being able to pull it up a week ahead of time; others much closer to production date. I'm supposedly 2 days from production date, and still will not pull up. So, maybe for once, Ford Service will be right at least about 1 thing--they told me the sticker will not generate until the actual build date (but of course, they still remain wrong for all the other guys on here...).

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mink, I hope so. Do you have yours yet?

No, had a build date of today and delivery around 4/20. There was a dealer Feb. 10th that post on another forum he had 1 allocation that had to be turned in/ordered by the end of that week I jumped on it and everything that he has told me as far as dates and timing have been right on the money so far. So that's way I say the dealers know what's going on some just don't want to tell customers. Just my opinion. I haven't waited at all for mine that's why I feel bad for you guys that planned way ahead and are still waiting.

Gunnut

Reaction score
Did the FB thing today, ordered on 3/9/17, "Janelle" messaged that it's been delivered?????? Gonna do some more checking tomorrow.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, had a build date of today and delivery around 4/20. There was a dealer Feb. 10th that post on another forum he had 1 allocation that had to be turned in/ordered by the end of that week I jumped on it and everything that he has told me as far as dates and timing have been right on the money so far. So that's way I say the dealers know what's going on some just don't want to tell customers. Just my opinion. I haven't waited at all for mine that's why I feel bad for you guys that planned way ahead and are still waiting.

Sounds good and I hope the positive momentum continues for you! And I agree--I do not believe that most dealers are ignorant. They are instead, at times, intentionally misleading.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Did the FB thing today, ordered on 3/9/17, "Janelle" messaged that it's been delivered?????? Gonna do some more checking tomorrow.

What?!! Sounds like a new galactic record. Hope you're on the right track, but as many have voiced, FB is likely the very worst source to obtain tangibly correct information.

Cobber

Reaction score
Wow, that is not what I was expecting! That truly did cause you a substantial delay! Sorry to hear that. Hope no more surprises and you are happy in just a few short days. (Roads are still pretty crappy...if you remember our conversations of the past lol).

No, my March 20th date was moved to March 31. About 5 days ago, I checked again and that date had also been swiped off the schedule. Ford now refuses to give me a specific build date, and instead says, "Early April, and that is subject to change...". Not trying to have a pity party, but I am exceedingly disappointed. Additionally, Gus Johnson will not confirm for me what is going on; I asked 5 days ago...they said they would find out...I check back everyday with them.....and they have not told me anything. Nothing.
Yeah that really sucks, sorry mate! My guy has been pretty good about keeping me updated after it was built. After 7 months I didn't really have high hopes of it actually getting here when the eta originally stated. If it wasn't for the train breaking down it would have been early. And yes as we mentioned earlier another week of the weather clearing up ain't gonna hurt. Also gave me time to line up the linex, window tint, xpel...

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Autophanatic, Chukaraholic,
I think Wendle must be pumping them out. The detailer I am going to use for the xpel said he just did a G2 raptor about a couple weeks ago, and he has another one booked same time as me. I was thinking holy cow where are these coming from in Spokane. I know it ain't Gus. Hope that Mar 27 date sticks. I was able to pull up my sticker exactly 7 days prior as was originally told to us bit things change... often.

Chukaraholic

Reaction score
Yeah that really sucks, sorry mate! My guy has been pretty good about keeping me updated after it was built. After 7 months I didn't really have high hopes of it actually getting here when the eta originally stated. If it wasn't for the train breaking down it would have been early. And yes as we mentioned earlier another week of the weather clearing up ain't gonna hurt. Also gave me time to line up the linex, window tint, xpel...

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Autophanatic, Chukaraholic,
I think Wendle must be pumping them out. The detailer I am going to use for the xpel said he just did a G2 raptor about a couple weeks ago, and he has another one booked same time as me. I was thinking holy cow where are these coming from in Spokane. I know it ain't Gus. Hope that Mar 27 date sticks. I was able to pull up my sticker exactly 7 days prior as was originally told to us bit things change... often.

Cobber,
Who are you using for the Xpel? Do you mind telling me what they are charging? I'm in Whitefish but lived in Spokane for 25 years and obviously will be picking my truck up there. I was thinking about having Xpel put on it before I drive it back to Montana. There is no one in the Flathead Valley installing Xpel so it's either Spokane or Missoula.

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received my VIN

Ordered 2/27/17
Received VIN 3/21/17
Build date N/A

Looking good!