Order Date, Build Date, Current Status of your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sticker showing convoy was in fact true, no rail. The JackCooper pals app updated the week or so prior with dealer delivery location info (still said pending in status). That status did update, and does show delivered. Confirmed via dealer tracking it came on car carrier all the way (Dearborn to Chicago), so PalsApp does work and track if your truck doe come via convoy the whole :

Is there a well to tell if it's in transit or just says pending the whole time.. mine right now just says

Origin: Dearborn
Destination: -
Destination name: null

Gives the freight bill # and my vin/ pending

Cobber

Reaction score
Autophanatic, I used to go thru Scott he was great but retired he put me onto Norm who is the fleet manager and I have been going thru him. As you said they have always been great to deal with. I would imagine they could request from up above to find out what's going on but don't seem to be doing that. Considering they still have 4 allocations dated back to July, August unscheduled and they are Building into Feb I don't see us getting anything before April at this point. I almost feel like they will cancel the orders the way it's going. He offered me a great trade for my 13 Raptor so don't really wanna lose on that if have to wait for an 18.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autophanatic, I used to go thru Scott he was great but retired he put me onto Norm who is the fleet manager and I have been going thru him. As you said they have always been great to deal with. I would imagine they could request from up above to find out what's going on but don't seem to be doing that. Considering they still have 4 allocations dated back to July, August unscheduled and they are Building into Feb I don't see us getting anything before April at this point. I almost feel like they will cancel the orders the way it's going. He offered me a great trade for my 13 Raptor so don't really wanna lose on that if have to wait for an 18.

I remember Norm, from years ago. He would always be the original contact person when I did internet inquiries in the past--never bought from them during that era--just pricing research I guess. I have also wondered what you have pointed out...wondering if they just cancel a number of these orders and push them off to model year 2018. Good to hear that they are being reasonable on your Raptor trade value; they certainly have no reason not to be, given that the general market is still very strong. I sold my 2014 for $1,000 less than I purchased it for from Gus. Both my purchases from Gus Johnson, by the way, have been MSRP deals, like this apparition 2017 Raptor deal; that's one of the biggest reasons I drive to another state to give them business. Hope we are both wrong.....and our orders suddenly get picked up in the next couple of weeks.....and get spit out to this region in March still.

Cobber

Reaction score
I remember Norm, from years ago. He would always be the original contact person when I did internet inquiries in the past--never bought from them during that era--just pricing research I guess. I have also wondered what you have pointed out...wondering if they just cancel a number of these orders and push them off to model year 2018. Good to hear that they are being reasonable on your Raptor trade value; they certainly have no reason not to be, given that the general market is still very strong. I sold my 2014 for $1,000 less than I purchased it for from Gus. Both my purchases from Gus Johnson, by the way, have been MSRP deals, like this apparition 2017 Raptor deal; that's one of the biggest reasons I drive to another state to give them business. Hope we are both wrong.....and our orders suddenly get picked up in the next couple of weeks.....and get spit out to this region in March still.
They would only do MSRP on this one. My 2013 I got for about 1000 over invoice. Got my fingers crossed too. I messenger Sarah every week just for my weekly bad news.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a well to tell if it's in transit or just says pending the whole time.. mine right now just says

Origin: Dearborn
Destination: -
Destination name: null

Gives the freight bill # and my vin/ pending

Weeks prior, mine reflected the same... dearborn, destination blank, and name Null. A week prior or so it updated to reflect my dealer town, and dealer name, status was still pending.

I believe this only applies to true convoy delivery. If it went on rail, then carrier it will not update and you will experience the same most others have. Getting you dealer to send screen shots of status is the best info, but if you don't want to hassle them this is one other method, but will only be helpful if it is coming vio convoy the whole way. Im in chicago, so 280mi (4-5hrs)

Prior to delivery week, weekly updates from FS and your dealer are good. In the week of anticipated delivery, i used a few of the sources and still made one touch from each during the week... example:

Monday: Called Ford Perf
Tuesday: Used Ford online chat
Wednesday: Dealer
Thursday or Friday: FordSvc on facebook

This gave good updates, but didnt wear our welcome for others

faceoff4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Down Payment: May 5, 2016
Order Date: July 19, 2016
Build Date: October 23, 2016
Release Date: December 20, 2016
Delivered and Possession: January 13, 2017 (Friday the 13th!)

I know it has been said over and over, but it really was worth the wait. For those still waiting just hang in there and you will be glad you did!

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
even tho the sticker said convoy, the dealer today said its on the railway.. last weeks eta via ford service was feb. 5... talked to the dealer today and it got bumped to jan 26- feb 1.. and he thought it might even be a day or two before that.