One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for the sake of posting my finds, I just drove 1,420 miles from New Braunfels TX to Provo UT. I-10 to El Paso I averaged 85 MPH at 13.3 MPG. From El Paso up through NM and into Utah I didn't calculate my average speed (I was tired haha) but I average 14.7 MPG

All in all, I was rather surprised and pleased with the gas mileage I recorded.

If you divide by the miles driven by the time in hours (found on the trip meters), you'll get mph as an average. That's actually more accurate overall than setting the cruise control...

"This isn't the state of California, it's a state of insanity." - 1941

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mileage from the snowball/rainball 13 oh I mean the spring 13... ha ha ha
Filled up in Detroit drove 7mph over speed limit on anything 60mph and below anything above 60mph I drove 67mph the whole way back to Winchester, Va. 1 tenth below 18mpg I call great, ya doint only 67 mph added some drive time but I figured that it saved me $50 up and back.
13mileage001_zps99501583.jpg

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hockster, you might have saved $50 driving 67 mph, but I'm not sure it would be worth all the road rage you would cause driving that damn slow on the Interstate down here. I know the idiots around here would have no problem shooting your slow ass.... jusy sayin...

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hockster, you might have saved $50 driving 67 mph, but I'm not sure it would be worth all the road rage you would cause driving that damn slow on the Interstate down here. I know the idiots around here would have no problem shooting your slow ass.... jusy sayin...

Ha ha ha, I can shoot back! Eh, I dont block the way at all anyways, Im a right side driver unless im passing and then ill speed up faster to get by and move over.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First tank:

221 miles on the odometer
17.2g of gas
= 12.8 mpg.

about a third off-road and the rest of mixture of short trips and one 50+ highway jaunt.
Works for me!