One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
rolled into a gas station just in time

i try to keep it somewhat reasonable, but cmon, i ride a nitrous powered hayabusa.... i can only go so slow........ most of the miles are highway miles. not too much city driving.

i wonder what would have happened if it hit 0.....

It's fairly accurate but I've drove 3 miles after hitting 0 I didn't like it tho.

So I have this really bad habit of driving around with the light on for a few days. I've determined that 0 is actually about 3-4 gallons before empty. Then I filled up. The computer said I used 35.7 gallons, but I only put in 31.89 according to the pump... :wtf:

Someone needs to fill up to the filler neck and run it dry...

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MAC, that's opposite from when I fill up. The computer will say I used 27.5 gals, when I actually put in 29 gals. I don't believe the Lie Of Meter (LOM) at all. When it tells you are getting 13.4 mpg, you are most likely getting 12.1 mpg.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Driving back from TRR it said I was getting 13.6mpg but when I would do the math after filling up I was getting about 14.3 so yea I don't think it's very accurate

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving local in the F150, I get about 9 with 35" and 12 on the highway.

I am assuming this isn't a Raptor F-150?

Around town here in Sacramento, I'm averaging 12.6 and about 45% highway.

Do you have a lot of stop/starts or something? Just curious.

CHEERS!

"This isn't the state of California, it's a state of insanity." - 1941

GotBypass Clothing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should buy a Raptor. It'd be like getting a Prius compared to that! LOL.

"This isn't the state of California, it's a state of insanity." - 1941

Yeah, we were originaly going to get one... But, I got out the dealership with a 2010 FX2 that had 40k for only $20,000.

Wife wants one, so we'll hold off for the 2014+ model.

jadanf

Reaction score
Just for the sake of posting my finds, I just drove 1,420 miles from New Braunfels TX to Provo UT. I-10 to El Paso I averaged 85 MPH at 13.3 MPG. From El Paso up through NM and into Utah I didn't calculate my average speed (I was tired haha) but I average 14.7 MPG

All in all, I was rather surprised and pleased with the gas mileage I recorded.