One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn, I thought I was an OLD Man, but I guess I still have a need for speed. I'm just not ready to drive in the left lane below or at the speed limit, but I know that day is coming and I will enjoy the hell out of pissing off all of the young chitheads!

If you aren't doing at least 70 in the left lane, you will be castrated.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Come on guys, I say I was getting there, but I'm not quite there, and I still have a need for SPEED. If you find me doing 70 mph in the left lane, it's either because I'm behind a State Trooper or Ruger (Lully gagging – D’ Ole Chit!)

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Come on guys, I say I was getting there, but I'm not quite there, and I still have a need for SPEED. If you find me doing 70 mph in the left lane, it's either because I'm behind a State Trooper or Ruger (Lully gagging – D’ Ole Chit!)

Ahahaha... Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Me, I've got statistics. I put 3,350 miles on my truck in 10 days. Dividing engine run time (which includes sitting at idle, throttled back to 35 mph for grain silos in the middle of nowhere, 65 mph in the middle of a vacant high desert "safety corridor," as well as gravel road and Interstate running) into the miles traveled gives me an average of nearly 60 mph. I'm not standing still, boys. I don't have delusions of glory, but I'm not standing still!

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ruger, are you a Rocket Scientists? (Huntsville, I think I got you figured out)

Blind you is, and I see no particular reason for you to insult me in this fashion! I have never set foot in an engineering classroom, do not have an engineering degree, and do not envy those that do. (snarl)

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Blind you is, and I see no particular reason for you to insult me in this fashion! I have never set foot in an engineering classroom, do not have an engineering degree, and do not envy those that do. (snarl)

Old man is grumpy. What's new?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny stuff. I have worked with defense engineers for 35 years, and they can be a little odd at times. I worked with one guy for 11 years, said, "Hello John," to him every day, and that man never knew my name. I get accused of being an engineer often - usually only because of where I work and the peculiar impression that everyone on the post where I work are engineers. If that was true we'd never accomplish a damn thing!

Last edited:

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish more of my forum friends would post the truck type in their MPG posts - Scab or Screw. I have a Screw and my mileage is consistently 11.5 under daily driving habits. Right now I'm sitting on 12.6 because I took a decent road trip recently.

I'm not upset my MPG stinks, because I knew that going in. It just confuses me that some people are claiming such great gas mileage. I live in Denver, so altitude is already part of my equation. I ride with the instant MPG display on, and I try very hard to watch my driving habits. If I drove like I did with my 3 Ford Expeditions, I would be getting 8 MPG on my Raptor.