One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
screw e-30 headers SW cat back diobloe tuner mid perch givin her hell 11 mpg I have yet to take it easy it's hard to do but have gotten 14.5 all theas are average tanks after they are empty I look at the mpg trip.

the trucks are set rich from the factory high altatude only playes in to factor when you drive threw it not live in it the computer learns and ajust over time.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha^ I read it twice then I kind of get what he is saying, but not sure on the only works when you drive through high altitude not live in it part.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
42mpg on the hayabusa......

doing 85

Never got less than 57 on my Buell, and have seen as high as 63 at steady highway speeds. (The advantage of a simple, long stroke engine design.)

I don't know why you fellows are getting 1.5 to 2 mpg poorer than I usually do. I've got a 2011 6.2 SuperCab and I get 15.0 to 15.5 in town and between 16.0 and 16.5 on the road. (The mileage I recently saw at altitude is not included in those figures.) I have an AIRAID intake, but the final analysis on that is that it produced NO fuel mileage improvement. It eliminated any hesitation to abrupt throttle changes, but the mileage is the same. All I can think is that I'm easy on the throttle and accelerate smoothly rather than abruptly. I use the power when necessary, believe me, but I don't when there's no reason to. FWIW.

Last edited:

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ruger and blind1, if you are the old, stale farts in the fast lane doing 55, i am seriously going to have to kck your asses........ haha

AMEN. People the left lane is for passing. It is not you personal cruising lane.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^ Roger that. I was set on 72 mph all across Alabama, Misissippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and into Colorado in the right lane.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
and how many times did you get passed?

Oh, thousands and thousands of times. So many times that Carl Sagan would have been uncomfortable with the number of zeros. You know how many zeros are in a box of Cheerios? More than that.

:laughing1:

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is a gas mileage thread right? we need the details damn it. how are we supposed to accurately determine what kind of driver you are if we dont have that info? wether or not you need an "old farts rule" bumper sticker and if you need a special slow lane sticker on your window........