One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, a request.

Mileage on 2012 Screw? Just want to go in with my eyes open. :waytogo:

Lots of the posts in here don't have the year so there is no way of knowing if the mileage listed is for a 6.2L AFTER the remapping for 2012.

Some sort of standard format would sure be helpful. For example:
========================
Year 2012
Cab Super Crew
Hwy 17.5
City 10.5
Combined 13.2
Best Tank range: 562 miles and took 32.2 gallons to fill
Total miles on the truck 12345
Mods that effect mileage -> Get'er done intake, Tatersalad Remap, Big booty exhaust
======================

Just a suggestion.... :ROFLJest:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it is my signature or you could go to each public profile and look at the year of their truck. good luck

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

also most year they start the forum is the year of truck or close to it for the most part.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
gonna see what kind of mpg i can get this weekend. goin to delaware, its about a 4 1/2-5 hour ride. gonna switch to my econo tune and i will have my kids with me so i will ***** foot it. i wanna see what i can squeeze outta it.

ok so anyone have any snake oils actually help mpg??
this might be a trip worth using them if they work. i have used lucas injector cleaner on other vehicles and gained a little mpg but i noticed it only really effected higher mileage ones. might throw some lucas or MMO in the raptor for the trip unless some one has something better.

Gatorjake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just rolled 5K and my truck computer is registering 11.5. Not great by any standard but gas is gas and I didnt buy it to be an eco friendly vehicle. I'd say my mileage is evenly split between city and hwy. And I also tend to have a lead foot. On a straight hwy commute the best I get is 13.5 or so. Far short of the reported 17. I guess I am too hard on the go pedal.

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Despite the heat wave across the country, we've had a lot of nice days this summer here in Northern Virginia. When I turn off the A/C, I get about 1.5mpg improvement...

UniqueOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Year: 2012
Cab: Super Crew
Hwy: 17.79
City:
Combined: 17.79
Best Tank range: 596 miles and took 33.5 gallons to fill.

Drove a brand new Raptor from Kentucky to Maryland. Filled up at the dealer and filled up when it got home.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Year: 2012
Cab: Super Crew
Hwy: 17.79
City:
Combined: 17.79
Best Tank range: 596 miles and took 33.5 gallons to fill.

Drove a brand new Raptor from Kentucky to Maryland. Filled up at the dealer and filled up when it got home.

I find that MPG shocking, but if that's what you're getting, good for you.