One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Anyone ever notice a difference in "miles to empty" when filling with different gas?
There should not be any fuel economy difference between regular or premium for our trucks.

Here is one example:
I've been using premium fuel for the past few tanks and my mileage hasn't gotten any better but the power has (appeared) to increase.

I've been tracking my mileage with an excel spreadsheet over my (just under) 13,000 miles and it's steady at 13.2. Now, I do live in a city area and that's soon to kinda change with my move to Florida as well as a drastic climate change.

PARKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's reason they call it "Lie of Meter" (LOM).

Those things never work right. This actually reminds me of an episode of Top Gear. The original one, not the half ass one with the ******** hosts. They put a Prius against a M3 and had the prius go as fast as it could around the track. All the M3 had to do was pace it. The M3 actually got better mileage. How they obtained these results, I don't know. I choose to believe it tho because I hate what the Prius stands for. (lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After 10,682 miles on my 2012 SCrew with 5star 89 perfomance tune, AFE stage 2 CAI and mixed city, highway and offroad. Without resetting fuel economy screen it has settled at a 12.2 miles per gallon. Which is pretty close to the 875 gallons in the log book..

-Greg

faceoff4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 6.2 and use 87 octane and I am getting just under 14 but only have about 1.5k miles so still to new to tell. Glad you posted the thread as I was wondering what others are getting and what they are doing to improve this.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there any benefit of Changing out to nitrogen in tires, ect.....?

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just switched from the 87 perf tune to the 91 perf and getting about 12.3mpg, usta get 12.8 with the 87 but it shifts alot higher in rpms so it is to be expected, anyone know anything about the 91 econ tune? I only got the 87 perf/econ and 91 perf and I think ima stick with 91 for the longhaul so I think ima talk to mike about gettin the 91econ