Official Raptor R Modification Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rnr

Reaction score
Anybody good at Photoshop? Id love to see the rock rings on the wheels in a matte bronze on my SG.

Last edited:

Hard R

Reaction score
Got the Borla Atak + stock tips installed and drove about 80 miles with it. So far it sounds great, however I am having some issues with the actuator and it intermittently switches to wife mode and can't be switched back. We think it has to do with the plugs somehow. I'm bringing it back to the shop on Monday to troubleshoot. However, wife mode is near silent and doesn't feel like there is any performance penalty.

Normal mode is slightly louder than silent and not remarkable. I probably will not be using this.

Sport mode is noticably louder than normal and noticably quieter/less throaty than baja. I probably will not be using this either.

Baja mode sounds much more aggressive without any rasp. In fact it doesn't sound like any of the Borla videos, but in a good way. It had a deeper note at lower RPMs. The gas pedal feels more tactile with the acceleration vibration, which feels damn amazing. Downshifts sounds are much pronounced which is a good thing to me. Baja mode is loud but probably not enough to **** off the HOA or the popo.

Overall this system is louder than stock and should have came like this from the factory. I'll throw up some videos next week.

Attachments

• 20240411_212151.jpg
    20240411_212151.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20240412_115907.jpg
    20240412_115907.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 36
  • 20240411_212055.jpg
    20240411_212055.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 36

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these for the 3.5 eco raptor? Straight bolt on like the tailpipes? How much of a sound difference is it?
This equal length one isn’t a ford part but designed exactly like it. 3” SS true Bolt on straight replacement for the Rs mid pipe and bottle resonator removal. It really smoothed out the sound of the truck and it sounds much more like a gt500. It’s slightly louder but more refined and crisp sounding. I’ll get a better clip with Revs tomorrow.

cr23raptor1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This equal length one isn’t a ford part but designed exactly like it. 3” SS true Bolt on straight replacement for the Rs mid pipe and bottle resonator removal. It really smoothed out the sound of the truck and it sounds much more like a gt500. It’s slightly louder but more refined and crisp sounding. I’ll get a better clip with Revs tomorrow.
Nice. Can you share where you purchased the kit?

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea no problem.
I had him send me the equal length portion only. I will add it seems more responsive after installing this.