Official Raptor R Modification Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work. I'm interested in hearing more about the door handle swap, interior lights (cup holder, etc), and the security pack. Any details you can share on what you did is appreciated.

Thanks man.

The door handle swap is more of a personal preference than anything and a slight theft deterrent. I purchased a passenger front door handle with smart access and lock mechanism cap, had the handle paint matched and installed it on the driver side door. The door handle cap is the only portion of the door handle you need, ford just won’t sell the handle cap only. This eliminated the driver door lock and the handle is clean without holes and painted.

I installed a new cup holder assembly with lights, media bin light and glove box lights. These items were removed from our trucks after 2021 and can be purchased from Ford. John Forman makes a set of custom harnesses to plug these directly into the existing ford wiring to make everything light up. You will have to take the dash apart and center console to wire everything up. While I was in there, I did the HVAC control module swap with the digital readouts. Much better IMO. The media bin light was the most difficult part. I had to remove the media bin from the console to cut the hole for the light. 2022 trucks should have the hole already with a plastic plug to remove. 23s are a mixed bag. Job 1 build truck might have the hole already. Later built job 2 trucks like mine, won’t have it.

Same with the advanced security module. It can be purchase from ford and reinstalled. After installation, you’ll just need to make some small forscan changes to make everything work. This activates the motion sensors that are already in the truck.

Below all the part numbers for everyone. Shoot me a dm if you need the advanced security pack forscan changes.
- LC5Z-15K609-A advanced security module
- ML3Z-14A318-C Media Bin Light
- ML3Z-14A411-C Glove Box Light
- ML3Z-1513562-CB Cup Holder Light Assembly

Attachments

• IMG_1260.jpeg
    IMG_1260.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1261.jpeg
    IMG_1261.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1263.jpeg
    IMG_1263.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1257.jpeg
    IMG_1257.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Meepmoop

Reaction score
Btw, if you mess with the exhaust actuators, you might have to take in to Ford service to perform an exhaust valve relearn.

Shout out to Earl from ESP Truck in Corona for his patience with this install.
Is there a fix that you can do at home without the dealership? I’m having the same issue. Got the s type with stock tail pipes

Hard R

Reaction score
Is there a fix that you can do at home without the dealership? I’m having the same issue. Got the s type with stock tail pipes
I'm bringing it in on Monday. I'll let you know what they say.

How do you like it when it does work? Throw up a video when you have a chance.

HookEm

Reaction score
Thanks man.

The door handle swap is more of a personal preference than anything and a slight theft deterrent. I purchased a passenger front door handle with smart access and lock mechanism cap, had the handle paint matched and installed it on the driver side door. The door handle cap is the only portion of the door handle you need, ford just won’t sell the handle cap only. This eliminated the driver door lock and the handle is clean without holes and painted.

I installed a new cup holder assembly with lights, media bin light and glove box lights. These items were removed from our trucks after 2021 and can be purchased from Ford. John Forman makes a set of custom harnesses to plug these directly into the existing ford wiring to make everything light up. You will have to take the dash apart and center console to wire everything up. While I was in there, I did the HVAC control module swap with the digital readouts. Much better IMO. The media bin light was the most difficult part. I had to remove the media bin from the console to cut the hole for the light. 2022 trucks should have the hole already with a plastic plug to remove. 23s are a mixed bag. Job 1 build truck might have the hole already. Later built job 2 trucks like mine, won’t have it.

Same with the advanced security module. It can be purchase from ford and reinstalled. After installation, you’ll just need to make some small forscan changes to make everything work. This activates the motion sensors that are already in the truck.

Below all the part numbers for everyone. Shoot me a dm if you need the advanced security pack forscan changes.
- LC5Z-15K609-A advanced security module
- ML3Z-14A318-C Media Bin Light
- ML3Z-14A411-C Glove Box Light
- ML3Z-1513562-CB Cup Holder Light Assembly
Thanks for the detailed response and pictures. Everything looks great - nice work on those mods. I'll dm you if I decide to pull the trigger.

And I guess it goes without saying that it's a shame these trucks didn't come from the factory this way.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would anyone want or choose turbolag over instant power with a supercharger on a R? It doesn’t make sense.
I think if you set it up right you wouldn’t have much lag, especially with the 10R80, and you’d have power anywhere from 2-7k rpm’s. You could easily get in the 1,000-1,200 whp range on the stock longblock, and a setup like that would gain some efficiency too. Probably not worth it for a truck you off road all the time though, but I guarantee you someone will do it to an R. Heck, idiots on the internet are cutting R’s in half with oxy-acetylene torches.

wjn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone want or choose turbolag over instant power with a supercharger on a R? It doesn’t make sense.
As daily driver: Turbo has more torque low range, I definitively notice the difference between my previous Gen 2 Raptor (okay, tuned) and the current '23 Raptor R (stock). Less gear shifts, with right exhaust parts negligible turbo lag. Remember, the R has to shift down more before it takes of.
Down the line, the R is much quicker, obviously.

OP
OP
Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As daily driver: Turbo has more torque low range, I definitively notice the difference between my previous Gen 2 Raptor (okay, tuned) and the current '23 Raptor R (stock). Less gear shifts, with right exhaust parts negligible turbo lag. Remember, the R has to shift down more before it takes of.
Down the line, the R is much quicker, obviously.
If you’re looking for low end torque get a Super Duty diesel to do all of your towing, that’s what my Super Duty is for… I would never tow with a Gen3 Raptor, that’s not what it was designed for with the 5-link setup.

A supercharged V8 will ALWAYS out perform a Turbocharged vehicle when off-roading.