Official 2024 R Quality Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The gentleman at the dealer who received the R before PDI missed these 2 issues. How hard is it going to be to have ford cover these?
View attachment 462021View attachment 462022
It will be easier if make sure to report ASAP and under 90 days from delivery.

I have a very small mark in my steering wheel trim, but it was only noticable with certain light and viewing angles. Used black marker to "fix" mine.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coincidentally, Ford just released a bulletin this past week with addition PDI checks and labor time for 2024 F-150/Raptor and Ranger/Raptor. The bulletin specifically calls out checking the tailgate appliqué for warpage among other check’s. So apparently they’re well aware of the appliqué issue and the dealer should have no issue replacing it under warranty.
Someone will go after the lemon law for this issue

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My self-repair using emblem adhesive is holding strong.....
:signs8:
That’s probably what I’ll try next. Did you remove it to do this, or just pry the corner a little and sneak a piece in there?

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s probably what I’ll try next. Did you remove it to do this, or just pry the corner a little and sneak a piece in there?
Took it off. Post #135/#136 in this thread. But now knowing how it is made, I would slide a plastic trim tool between the emblem and bracket it mounts to and put the emblem adhesive in there. Then tape it down till dried.

cammac50

Reaction score
Well now I have to take things apart and see if I can close the gap since I know it is supposed to be tight....which makes sense.

And you should have found 2 blank key code cards. The dealer is supposed to get the code for you and write it on the card. If can't find, then any dealer can plug in and look it up for you...I am told.
I was able to locate my Master Access Code by following the guidelines provided on the reverse side of the Master Access Code card as well as those found in the onboard manual, which required utilizing the search feature. It necessitated just a few attempts; precision timing is crucial. It's essential to possess both key fobs and to engage with the backup slot for the fob, pressing the start button without actually initiating the vehicle—a familiar procedure.

cammac50

Reaction score
  • Bellatrix, affectionately known as Bella and finished in an Anti-Matter Blue shade, was assembled on June 23 and collected on July 23. It came without a lock for the spare tire. The key fobs lack a functioning light. Additionally, the wires leading to the exhaust muffler’s diverter valve were not connected properly; one was so tight it couldn't be fastened to the frame, and the other was dangling over the exhaust pipe. However, I was able to disconnect them and then successfully reroute and secure everything appropriately.
  • Other than these issues, the vehicle is exceptional, and I am thoroughly pleased with it.
  • 20240803_090209.jpg20240803_090308.jpg20240803_090451.jpg

Attachments

• 20240803_093604.jpg
    20240803_093604.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 30