Oct build movement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is hope for the October builds..... mine was built 10/31 (ordered late July) and arrived at the dealer today. Here is my timeline....

10/31 build
11/9 retrofit
12/5 released
12/9 in-transit (sitting in MI)
12/21 started moving (MI to KC)
12/27 delivered to dealer

Is this the first October build delivered? It appears to be.

akaie15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is hope for the October builds..... mine was built 10/31 (ordered late July) and arrived at the dealer today. Here is my timeline....

10/31 build
11/9 retrofit
12/5 released

Congrats! So 12 days from in-transit (is that received by shipper?) to actual motion... that makes so sense but whatever. Enjoy it!

Backwoods

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! So 12 days from in-transit (is that received by shipper?) to actual motion... that makes so sense but whatever. Enjoy it!

Yes..... it sat at the train station (no change or ETA) for 12 days before it "left the station." Hang in there. FWIW - I was TBD until 4-5 days before delivery when an ETA finally was assigned and the truck showed up 2 days before that ETA (12/29).

So, keep the faith..... I have a feeling that the painful wait will be a distant memory when I climb into the truck this afternoon.

derekg1988

Reaction score

10/31 build
11/9 retrofit
12/5 released

Blackwoods,

Can you look and see whats been modified or changed?

Backwoods

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blackwoods,

Can you look and see whats been modified or changed?

Absolutely.... not sure there will be anything visible, especially if inside transmission or software-related. I know some others have received additional testing notes, but not sure if mine falls in that category. I've worked with an awesome dealer that has tried to get into the details, but it's clearly been kept very tight at Ford. Will post if I learn or see anything.....

Barnstormer

Reaction score
Don't believe anything anyone tells you or that you find on any website, including Ford.

My dealer told me today they received 5 Raptors this morning and that my October build is on a truck somewhere between Dearborn and Texas. He is expecting it by no later then Friday of this week. Said when he contacted Ford this morning they told him it was released on December 21. Funny thing is I talked to FP on Friday the 23 and they told me it was still in Ramp 59. The Ford tracking website shows nothing at all about the truck. The 3rd party shipping company web site shows it is manifested but according to my dealer a different trucking company is bringing it. Is my dealer correct? Could my October build Raptor actually be about to arrive? I'll let you know. I will say I was about to pull the trigger this morning on a King Ranch (which would be my third KR) and tell them to stuff the '17 Raptor (which will be my third Raptor). Will be interesting to see which truck I actually end up with. Hope it's the Raptor, and to be quite honest I hope the early '17 Raptors don't end up being citrus, hopefully that's exactly why Ford has held them to ensure they don't become citrus. Keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to us all.

HUFN8OR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this the first October build delivered? It appears to be.

Nope, not saying mine was the first by any means, but there have been some October builds delivered so far.

Timeline for mine:

7/19/16 - Placed order and deposit with Dealer
7/23/16 - Dealer placed order with Ford Motor Co and received Order ID
9/2/16 - VIN was created and provided to me
10/23/16 - Truck was confirmed built in Dearborn and placed on infamous Ramp 59
11/13/16 - First ETA from Ford (not real)
11/22/16 - Second ETA from Ford (not real)
12/12/16 - Dealer informed me it was moving and had made it from Dearborn to Salem, IL via Rail.
12/14/16 - Dealer informed me it was in Pine Bluff, AR via Rail
12/15/16 - Dealer informed me it was in Hearn, TX via Rail
12/16/16 - Dealer informed me it was in the holding lot in Spring, TX
12/20/16 - Dealer had it hot-shotted from lot to Dealership
12/21/16 - Picked it up and drove it home! Loving it ever since!

Barnstormer

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with FP. Their last status update is still Dec 3 at Ramp 59 BUT he did add it was released for shipping, previous calls didn't included that information so perhaps it really is about to be in Texas. Crossing fingers.

derekg1988

Reaction score
I have a white supercrew on order which was built on 11/06, but has not been shipped. I have a local dealer with a silver supercrew that was built on 12/15 which i can get at MSRP. I don't know what to do.

Scrappy Doo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a white supercrew on order which was built on 11/06, but has not been shipped. I have a local dealer with a silver supercrew that was built on 12/15 which i can get at MSRP. I don't know what to do.

I'd buy the silver if it's the same price.

But if you ordered white, and really want white, wait for white.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superiorplumbing