No Raptor for me ...any truth to this ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When did he or I say anything about $1k over invoice? I was offering to help him locate one in case he doesn't want to wait some indeterminate amount of time. Guy already waited 4 months.

Photon, you are correct in that he didn't say for $1k over invoice. My apologies! That said, I'm sure you guys will have no trouble locating one for $5k over msrp and up.

Honest dealers are hard to find!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cbb

Reaction score
Thanks for the help

I'm not paying over msrp and I'm not buying a vehicle out of town

Mine was equiped modeslty at $58k and most dealers ordered loaded out knowing they should sell and they make more margin

Have a 2017 Duramax in the driveway

4inch lift and 35 bfg so at least it looks good

Going to pull the trigger on a toy hauler soon so it opens up more options and we can buy the one we like get a slide out vs getting a smaller toy hauler that the raptor would be at 95% of its tow capacity

Looks like I'll remain a Chevy guy

mobob

Reaction score
If you actually order one as a customer it doesn't count against dealer allocation. Any dealer can order one. Don't let them play games with you, ask them to show you the order or walk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you actually order one as a customer it doesn't count against dealer allocation. Any dealer can order one. Don't let them play games with you, ask them to show you the order or walk.

Thats a lie. Whether its a dealer order or a customer order they count against allocations the dealer is given. If a dealer has 5 allocations they get 5 Raptors whether its a dealer order or a customer order. So if 5 customers order thats it, if the dealer orders 5 for "stock" thats it, they cant order anymore.

mobob

Reaction score
I ordered my 14 after the dealer was out of allocations......think what you want.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats a lie. Whether its a dealer order or a customer order they count against allocations the dealer is given. If a dealer has 5 allocations they get 5 Raptors whether its a dealer order or a customer order. So if 5 customers order thats it, if the dealer orders 5 for "stock" thats it, they cant order anymore.

Correct unless they trade with another dealer for something else.
Good luck to you i mean it.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is correct. I've heard this from multiple dealers and Ford reps. They did allocation different this year for the Raptors than they had any other year. Instead of handing out allocations each month they did it in the beginning of the build year. Some dealers got confused and expected they would be getting more allocations. Others just made up stories and then traded other dealers.

The reason why this build year has been such a mess is largely due to the way they did allocation. Before most honest dealers wouldn't take your order until they had an allocation. They'd tell you to check back next month to see if they got more. And orders were generally built in the order they were sold within a month or two or the allocation being given to the dealer so people placing orders in July wouldn't be waiting until April to get theirs. Worst case scenario back then would be we'd all be on waiting lists, but at least we'd know where we stood. The way it works now is that a dealer might honestly have an allocation free, sell it in July 2016, and it might not get built until he last week of the build year, which could be as late as August 2017.

It is an absolute disaster and they've really pissed off a lot of faithful customers.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that was a kind gesture photoneffect. I've been waiting over 6 months....and I wouldn't mind anyone's help in locating one, as per my signature specifications. I am starting to really doubt that my dealer has an allocation for me.

Here's the only one I could find (doesn't have bedliner, but Line-X for that):

2017 New Ford F-150 Raptor at Magic City Ford Lincoln Roanoke Serving Roanoke Lynchburg Bedford, VA, IID 15982009

You can click on the window sticker link on that page to see everything it has. Don't know if this is still available, but as I said, only one I found with the options you have listed in your sig.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score