No Raptor for me ...any truth to this ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mobob

Reaction score
I stand corrected...Good to know this has changed for the worst. Glad I'm not in the market...Yet.

Good luck navigating the mess.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you actually order one as a customer it doesn't count against dealer allocation. Any dealer can order one. Don't let them play games with you, ask them to show you the order or walk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It WAS this way with Gen 1's, not so with Gen 2's. That is how I got screwed by my dealer. Placed order for $1K over invoice. She had 1 allocation for an MSRP customer. Placed my order ....with CF. Never got built because I would not remove CF. She gave to other customer. Then she said she could not get any more because Ford was not giving out allocations to "retail" orders like they were in past years. So I"m screwed starting over 6 months later! Now I'm paying $1500 over MSRP for a sure thing allocation. Some dealers just suck. But I can't entirely blame the dealer since Ford is not giving out many allocations with the GEN 2's ....probably because they shipped so many to China ARRGGHH.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

That's just their list price. You can always negotiate. I will say I have yet to find a dealer willing to sell one off the lot for less than $5k over.

My friend just bought one last week on the lot at MSRP. There are deals pop up here and there at MSRP on the lot but they go fast. I just posted a blue scab MSRP deal yesterday.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's just their list price. You can always negotiate. I will say I have yet to find a dealer willing to sell one off the lot for less than $5k over.

This! My order was sold out from underneath me and I scrambled when a friendly forum member let me know a dealer received one. They wanted 10k over.

Two days of negotiations later, I paid $800 over sticker. Yes, still over MSRP, but I had already gotten rid of my Chevy thinking I had a raptor arriving at the other dealership. I needed a truck because it's cold riding a motorcycle in 30 degreee weather.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This! My order was sold out from underneath me and I scrambled when a friendly forum member let me know a dealer received one. They wanted 10k over.

Two days of negotiations later, I paid $800 over sticker. Yes, still over MSRP, but I had already gotten rid of my Chevy thinking I had a raptor arriving at the other dealership. I needed a truck because it's cold riding a motorcycle in 30 degreee weather.

Thats awesome you got the dealer from $10K ADM down to $800. I just hang up on dealers when they said $5K+ over.

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lucked out. The silly $800 extra was the ResistAll stuff they applied on it when the vehicle arrived, plus rear wheel well liners. Had a hard time fighting the extra cost because they already put the crap on there and I was tired of arguing.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Full heated Gerbings can keep you riding into the teens while still being toasty warm. Your tires might not stick for $hit, but you’ll be toasty warm :)
Others have reported pushing into colder temps than me, I saw 17F one day, and was still comfy in the heated Gerbings. Seems to me a more economical solution than a Raptor.

Not that I bought the Raptor for economical reasons...