Newbie in Miami! Debating Raptor vs Trx so help me, don't hate me please LOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MCooper

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Gonna keep at it with looking into both. Gonna try to get into them myself, that should seal it for me.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two kids and a dog. My 2017 Raptor do me fine, both my kids ( one is 6 ft tall and the other is 5'3 ) and my 60 lb Aussie stay in the back seat for a long trip just fine, no issues. I use my Raptor 95% on the road and 5% on snow and camping. I drove my friend's TRX and I like the Ford more, the raptor feels more nimble on the road and easier to drive IMO. If MPG is a concern? definitely the Raptor wins unless you have a oil well in your backyard. My friend see the gas station every week in his TRX and now he's feeling it, so he got a used Honda for his daily driver. But to each his own.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your truly not sure, then go get the TRX. If you order a Raptor then you’ll slow down production for ALL the other guys on here waiting for the truck of their dreams :). But seriously, are you gonna be street racing with ur kids in the back? Cause thats all its got going for it is hp. The better mileage and tons of room in the cab should sell you to have the most versatile best “performing” for all conditions on and off road. I’d get Raptor obviously

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Gonna keep at it with looking into both. Gonna try to get into them myself, that should seal it for me.
Raptors are hard to get. At a good price? Very hard. TRX? Easy to get. Way below MSRP? No problem. Either one will do what you want with ease. So you have to trade off gas mileage against ADM, delays, and hassles. That's why I voted TRX. $20k will buy a lot of gas. I figure that as Raptor@MSRP+$12k vs TRX@MSRP-$8k.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have two kids and a dog. My 2017 Raptor do me fine, both my kids ( one is 6 ft tall and the other is 5'3 ) and my 60 lb Aussie stay in the back seat for a long trip just fine, no issues. I use my Raptor 95% on the road and 5% on snow and camping. I drove my friend's TRX and I like the Ford more, the raptor feels more nimble on the road and easier to drive IMO. If MPG is a concern? definitely the Raptor wins unless you have a oil well in your backyard. My friend see the gas station every week in his TRX and now he's feeling it, so he got a used Honda for his daily driver. But to each his own.
So he bought a TRX and has to drive a used Honda as his daily. Wtf? That’s a seriously bad move as to have to live in a Honda during the week and miss out on all those days driving either of a fun truck.

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So he bought a TRX and has to drive a used Honda as his daily. Wtf? That’s a seriously bad move as to have to live in a Honda during the week and miss out on all those days driving either of a fun truck.
Not to mention spending tens of thousands of dollars on a car that'll depreciate in value to save maybe $1000-$2000 in fuel costs?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not to mention spending tens of thousands of dollars on a car that'll depreciate in value to save maybe $1000-$2000 in fuel costs?
Right? Man what a shame. He should drive it and eat that gas unless he really can’t.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MPG at 8 to 10 MPG is no joke if you have to drive around 80 miles round trip per day. That add up quickly on your wallet, but he'll have fun in the TRX on the weekends.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MPG at 8 to 10 MPG is no joke if you have to drive around 80 miles round trip per day. That add up quickly on your wallet, but he'll have fun in the TRX on the weekends.
I’m not doubting that. I previously had a truck that averaged 11-12 mpg and I was at the gas station every 5 days or so. It was just a PIA. Yeah it ate some money, but I fed it. Mind you a TRX would give me more smiles per gallon than that last truck. But I’m not sure if subway to be in a limited range gas eater so fast again. Tempting but have grown to love the range of the Raptor.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor will sure put a bigger smile on me every time I drive it because the MPG is way better then the TRX of my friend's. I have the COBB stage 2 tune and still gets 15-19 MPG in the city depends on my right foot.