Newbie in Miami! Debating Raptor vs Trx so help me, don't hate me please LOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptors are hard to get. At a good price? Very hard. TRX? Easy to get. Way below MSRP? No problem. Either one will do what you want with ease. So you have to trade off gas mileage against ADM, delays, and hassles. That's why I voted TRX. $20k will buy a lot of gas. I figure that as Raptor@MSRP+$12k vs TRX@MSRP-$8k.
Nailed it. There are several dealers offering up to $10,000 or so off for ordered TRX's. Problem is with the build times. There are trucks that were ordered in May, June, July and August that still have no build date. Then you have trucks with the same options as the the early ones that were ordered in November and December that are already built and delivered.:wtf2: I had a TRX on order since 8/16/21 and just cancelled the order a few days ago as there was no build date in sight. Not sure if this is the same for the new Raptors.

I'm currently debating on getting a 2019-2020 Gen 2 or just keeping my 13.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everyday driving = Raptor
technology = Raptor
Mpg= Raptor
option to drive in 2wd = Raptor
Resale = Raptor
Engine Sound = Trx
Looks of truck = Definitely Raptor ( imo trx looks like a ram rebel)
towing = Raptor ( ecoboost torque curve reminds me of a diesel lots of torque low in the power band also has 2 more transmission gears)
optional 37 pkg = Raptor

my biased opinion as i closely compared the two

what he said.....

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everyday driving = Raptor
technology = Raptor
Mpg= Raptor
option to drive in 2wd = Raptor
Resale = Raptor
Engine Sound = Trx
Looks of truck = Definitely Raptor ( imo trx looks like a ram rebel)
towing = Raptor ( ecoboost torque curve reminds me of a diesel lots of torque low in the power band also has 2 more transmission gears)
optional 37 pkg = Raptor

my biased opinion as i closely compared the two
I had a TRX drive past as I was walking the other day. I saw him coming and he was showing off a little from a stoplight. That's what people are getting their tighty whities wet over? First word problems. I will admit to hearing loss and a general lack of musciality, but still. Meh

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) go drive TRX
2) Go drive a Raptor G3
3) pick what truck feels best for you

Done
This I've owned both.

I haven't thought about the other one since I sold it and got my butt into the new one.

I can't tell the difference in everyday driving. The TRX is real front end heavy at first when you are cornering/taking turns but like any car you first get it takes a couple miles to figure it out. But suspension on road is similar. One just has a lot more pick up than the other... Long enough road and they get to the same MPH.

The ones worried about MPG only complain about that in threads about TRXs... The other threads they are crying how Ford didn't up the power in the Gen3 or put a V8 in it, or already "in line" for an R.

Not sure how people are saying resale on a raptor is better when the TRX has been out for a year and next year is probably the last model because of the hellcat engine going away.

Looks is personal preference. TRX looks like a bigger Rebel and Raptor looks like a bigger F150.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So do you think Stellantis will nix the TRX within a year or two as to not have to produce an engine for one vehicle? Or keep the truck going if it’s selling well and until there electrification dream happens?

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Million dollar question right? The news came from "dodge" so some thing it's no more hellcat in the challenger/charger/Durango... Maybe they continue to produce the engine to sell as crate motors and leave in the TRX?

V8 hemi is on the way out as well.

Bumping the fuel economy standards to 40mpg might be helping this along

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Million dollar question right? The news came from "dodge" so some thing it's no more hellcat in the challenger/charger/Durango... Maybe they continue to produce the engine to sell as crate motors and leave in the TRX?

V8 hemi is on the way out as well.

Bumping the fuel economy standards to 40mpg might be helping this along
Noooooo lol I had a Hemi before. Well it could be a few years yet even though they planned this electric muscle car thing in the next two years??? And the truck after????