New? Volant intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rajin Cajun

Reaction score
I was seriously considering the Volant for my 13' but after reading all of the fitment / remote start issues I decided to pass. When you pay $400+/- for something designed specifically for your vehicle you shouldn't have to "Make it Fit". JMHO :shrug:

rsike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was not impressed with their documentation, but I like the product it's self.that wing said I only put it on right be for my r&r was over so I only put on about 250 miles. I did have problems with the brackets, the relay was a cake but the hood switch got me. I thought I had it nice and pretty until I shut the hood and now it's out of alignment. I'll fix it April 11 or I can just give it to the 14 year old and buy a new one,I've got almost 4576 miles on it. Time for a triad . When I get back to the states in gonn put it on the Dino and test. All I've done is the intake and some magnaflows on stock black powder coated pipes. I'm looking for a 4 post lift for the truck if ayone has any suggestions. I've also discovered not to post after you take a sleeping pill, you should go to bet

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was seriously considering the Volant for my 13' but after reading all of the fitment / remote start issues I decided to pass. When you pay $400+/- for something designed specifically for your vehicle you shouldn't have to "Make it Fit". JMHO :shrug:

Ya no shit!! It sure should fit, ok I can accept if a hole needs to be wider a smidgen but this. Ha no way. I take back my first thoughts that this is a nice system.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got mine in the mail today, part number 193626.

It will not work with my 2012. There is a bracket that holds fuses / relays that cannot be relocated due to wire harness length up where the Volant bracket mounts.

It won't fit over it, and the bracket from the fuse / relay box will not fit over the Volant as none or the holes line up, they interfere with the master cylinder.

Also the 5/8" vacuum line will not route from the valve cover without kinking.

Volant ditched my calls for technical support all evening.

I shouldn't have to re-engineer the whole mounting bracket for the tank in order for it to fit.

I also haven't noticed in anyone else pictures the relay box that's giving me problems. I will take a photo tomorrow and post it.

Wait, did yours come with the new resi?

VOL%20193626.jpg

I know the old one had all sorts of fitment problems, so they had to redesign the product with a new resi and send the new resi with it (see picture).

Mines a 2011 with remote start, all that Outlaw had to do was take out the whole intake box/resi, drop in the new one, and move the remote start sideways:
WP_20130109_004_zps929fa1c1.jpg

WP_20130109_012_zps4ee2f7c4.jpg

Hmm, same part number, 193626.... call Outlaw and ask how these things fit: 949-581-5001

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Resi looks the same, that wasn't the fitment issue. The bracket was the issue, there is a relay bracket in the way of the fender mounting hole, the And there's not enough wire in the loom to move it.

RaptorSpartan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... so I installed this last week. When I was done it fits perfect.... BUT

It all would have went together much easier if I had done things in a different order. The problem was I tried to throw it all together at once and the instructions don't tell you what slots/holes the reservoir goes on the mounting plate, so I had to take it out and put if back on a couple of times. I couldn't figure out the back mounting with the relay box thing...

Anyways... with proper instructions (telling you what order to do things), this would have been much easier and no fitment issues... In the end I didn't have to "modify" anything and am very happy with the quality of the kit and how its installed..... but it was much more of a pain in the arse then it should have been.