New? Volant intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok... so I installed this last week. When I was done it fits perfect.... BUT

It all would have went together much easier if I had done things in a different order. The problem was I tried to throw it all together at once and the instructions don't tell you what slots/holes the reservoir goes on the mounting plate, so I had to take it out and put if back on a couple of times. I couldn't figure out the back mounting with the relay box thing...

Anyways... with proper instructions (telling you what order to do things), this would have been much easier and no fitment issues... In the end I didn't have to "modify" anything and am very happy with the quality of the kit and how its installed..... but it was much more of a pain in the arse then it should have been.

what year is your truck?

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody addressed the issue using the ram air scoop with water getting in to the system and passed the filter? Also I want to put my winch behind my bumper or maybe get an aftermarket bumper. How would the scoop work? IMO the scoop is the only way to get a true CAI.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody addressed the issue using the ram air scoop with water getting in to the system and passed the filter? Also I want to put my winch behind my bumper or maybe get an aftermarket bumper. How would the scoop work? IMO the scoop is the only way to get a true CAI.

Someone in this thread pointed out that its not a air ram since theres another hole in the fender.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Good video.

Just doesnt address why i got a CAI with a better filter (volant with powercore), i wanted better filtration to limit the amount of dust and particulates ingested by the motor. Any performance gains would be nice, any small losses would be acceptable by me. Thankfully i get a bit more sound, and so far really low particulate counts in my oil analysis. (hopefully that continues to be the case)

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Power Core works wonders... Now that I've seen what it looks like inside the intake after cleaning mine, I'll never use anything else.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Resi looks the same, that wasn't the fitment issue. The bracket was the issue, there is a relay bracket in the way of the fender mounting hole, the And there's not enough wire in the loom to move it.

I feel like a grumpy old man posting lately, but Volant has just been added to my FU list...

Just as Huck mentioned, my 2012 has the same issue, along with other shortcomings. I won this intake at Snoball, so can't return it, and wouldnt feel right passing this along to another member here. I really like their enclosure and powercore over my current aFe, sadly everything else about volant has sucked for me. Long story short, wrong brackets included in the kit, several weeks later get correct bracket which still needs to be modified, and ontop of that the hood sensor and elec box will also need more brackets fabbed. I'm mostly pissed as i wasted several hours trying to get the initial bracket to work, later to learn its for a chevy. Pretty poor responses from volant, and 3 weeks later learn of more missing parts and more time wasted modifying their correct bracket and trying to get everything to work. All for a damn CAI...

for any others in same perdicament, a few pics to make it all reach

89D-87D0D5C5C2EA-1437-00000114D56AE154_zpsbeb505d7.jpg

FA7-71A941B2C5E2-1437-000001150014515A_zps49be9b20.jpg

694-1340EED8CFB0-1437-0000011545DBDBAF_zps61e933da.jpg

With a solution to the harness reach, the new bracket was still not lining up. Had to elongate the top tab hole to line up the other bracket mount (more than shown) and even still bracket was in contact with the master cyl.

795-485776795BC7-1437-0000011564CE9ACD_zps0116d5cc.jpg

984-2B3F6AF1AD58-1437-000001154D27BB68_zps6b93fd0a.jpg

Currently have the elec box zip tied in, but plan to make something for it and the hood sensor if i keep this intake. Had some spare tbolt clamps so used them over the worm clamps.

EE7-B3FDD88EE3D7-1437-00000115784DBAF8_zpsf8e84f13.jpg

A few days of use, I haven't noticed the lower rpm pedal shimmy and drone that i had with the aFe. After all that bs, I have high expectaations outta this thing lol Hopefully this is simply a 2012 issue, but for those wanting a 30min bolt on, this is not your intake.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the same issues exactly to sitdown, he just took better photos. And I mean verbatim. I'm going to get a bully dog cai soon.