New? Volant intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the newer version with the bracket for the remote start. that part was pretty simple, but the system still was not plug and play. I had to mod the water tank bracket. the holes were not drilled properly and would not fit. It also was not set up correctly to remount the fuse box. I ended up enlarging the bolt holes and grinding down the bracket so it would sit low enough to get the nut back on the top.

still a very nice system. I get a fair amount of engine noise and resonance, but not enough that anything shakes or rattles that shouldn't. no dyno numbers yet

Just installed my volant yesterday, and the bracket was incorrect, called VOLANT, and there reply was (you may have the wrong brkt, I would have to see it, to make sure,) I explained the problem, and they said (just send it back) I told the guy my truck is taken apart in the street, I also told them I can oblong the wholes to make it work, they said ( we can not and will not give you a new brkt if you alter the one you have, SORRY CANT HELP YOU), So I told the guy go **** yourself, and happy forth D-BAG.
Very nice product, would be way better if they put a little mor care in FIT AND FINISH, here's a few pictures of how I modded the bracket, ALSO if anyone is not running the ram air set up, I would close up that hole, you will be pulling the hot air from under the hood, remember your right behind the head light and next to the radiator. NOTE# Just go to homedepot or lowes and purchase a 3" rubber pipe cap= $4.00, will post the plug pictures also.

Attachments

• VOLANT BRKT 1.jpg
    VOLANT BRKT 1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 47
  • VOLANT BRKT 2.jpg
    VOLANT BRKT 2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 55
  • VOLANT BRKT 3.jpg
    VOLANT BRKT 3.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 54
  • VOLANT CAI 193626.jpg
    VOLANT CAI 193626.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 59
  • VOLANT RA HOLE PLUGED 1.jpg
    VOLANT RA HOLE PLUGED 1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 65
  • VOLANT RA HOLE PLUGED -2.jpg
    VOLANT RA HOLE PLUGED -2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And Volant nabs another one.

I lost my ass shipping that thing back with restocking fees. Just cut my losses and called it a day. Would love this to be a quality product that for like it should.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I knew what the problem was with the Raptor R&D from Volant. I have sold Volant's intakes for a slew of Chevy's and never had one complaint with fit and finish, etc. Maybe, being a dealer I can get on the horn with them Monday and fill them in on the finer points of keeping the masses happy with their stuff since it is still one of the best intakes on the market. Maybe I can get them to understand what customer service on the phone should be like as well. I am very good at letting manufacturers know where they are messing up, they USUALLY listen, we'll see just how customer minded they are when I call them.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I give companies one chance if the product is flawed that's it you're done.
Don't forget this is the new and improved version, how bad was it originally if this is the fixed version?
If they won't listen to customers or acknowledge it has a problem it will ever be right.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got on original and it fits perfectly on my 2010 6.2. It's a great intake.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can say is, total ********, is this how volant runs there company or is this how they train there staff, to shit on customers, I dealt with companies in the past when I was building race cars, and if there was any problem, they would ask if the part would work untill they sent a new one out, or sent a replacement part out over night with a RA number to return the wrong part. I now will do my best never to use a volant product again.

lane_change

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So since I agree with others that the Donaldson filters seem to be the best options out there, but everyone appears to be having issues with the Volant customer service, vibrations, noise, etc....what are you all planning to switch over to? Anything else comparably designed?