New? Volant intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did send it back. I couldn't do that to Jeff and Jordan has an afe. I should of sold it on here. The cost to ship it back and restock fee was insane

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kid I kid... That's ridiculous you were charged a restock fee. Yes, the person i spoke with was pretty lifeless. Really don't know how you can operate like this these days and still be successful.

Reaction score
damn just watched the vid, didn't realize the coolant reservior was swapped too. Too much of a PITA to swap that in and out every 5k miles for my free dealer oil changes. Guess I'll wait a couple years and get it after my warranty is up lol.

Save the comments, too many badazz V8 Ford's at this house already with voided warranties, don't need to add another LOL. It's my DD and the only one left with a warranty lol

Question.
How often does one normally have to change this out? Am I reading this wrong? All you need to change out or service is the filters correct? You don't have to change the whole thing do you?

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question.
How often does one normally have to change this out? Am I reading this wrong? All you need to change out or service is the filters correct? You don't have to change the whole thing do you?

Just the filter needs to be changed, depends on the filter, but between 50,000 - 100,000 miles. He is referring to removing the entire CAI and putting the stock one back in, as well as his coolant reservoir since that needs to be changed on the Volant, every time he goes into the dealer for service to avoid possible warranty issues. If you don't care, or if your warranty is already up then that is irrelevant.

Reaction score
Ok thanks.

Does it void the warranty? I don't have a Raptor yet, but I will in the very near future and this defiantly one of the first mods that I'll be doing.

Thanks

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks.

Does it void the warranty? I don't have a Raptor yet, but I will in the very near future and this defiantly one of the first mods that I'll be doing.

Thanks

There's no definitive answer. Depends on the dealer, and the circumstances. Does the CAI void the warranty? No. Can the dealer try to blame things that go wrong on the CAI, or any other aftermarket part for that matter, YES. Even if it clearly has nothing to do with it. I am staying away from a CAI, I just went with a K&N drop in air filter with the stock tubing and box. I don't want to run into any issues down the road and go through the trouble of aftermarket parts taking the blame.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really wouldn't worry about minor svc. Even if the oil change tech notices the different reservoir on a truck he rarely see's, it's very unlikely he will care.

Now if your setup is zip tied and ghetto rigged in bc volant refuses to acknowledge a problem, you may open yourself to more scrutiny. Even so i'm not worried at my dealer.

Oceanrover

Reaction score
FYI

MAGNUSON MOSS WARRANTY ACT

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312
According to the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty of your vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part was the cause or contributed to the failure of the vehicle (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)). It’s always best to work with a performance-oriented dealership, but no matter who you choose, you’re protected by the law.
Section 2301-2312 of the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act:

Section 2301. Definitions

(1) The term "consumer product" means any tangible personal property which is distributed in commerce and which is normally used for personal, family, or household purposes (including any such property intended to be attached to or installed in any real property without regard to whether it is so attached or installed).
(2) The term "Commission" means the Federal Trade Commission.
(3) The term "consumer" means a buyer (other than for purposes of resale) of any consumer product, any person to whom such product is transferred during the duration of an implied or written warranty (or service contract) applicable to the product, and any other person who is entitled by the terms of such warranty (or service contract) or under applicable State law to enforce against the warrantor (or service contractor) the obligations of the warranty (or service contract).
(4) The term "supplier" means any person engaged in the business of making a consumer product directly or indirectly available to consumers.
(5) The term "warrantor" means any supplier or other person who gives or offers to give a written warranty or who is or may be obligated under an implied warranty.
(6) The term "written warranty" means -

(A) any written affirmation of fact or written promise made in connection with the sale of a consumer product by a supplier to a buyer which relates to the nature of the material or workmanship and affirms or promises that such material or workmanship is defect free or will meet a specified level of performance over a specified period of time, or
(B) any undertaking in writing in connection with the sale by a supplier of a consumer product to refund, repair, replace, or take other remedial action with respect to such product in the event that such product fails to meet the specifications set forth in the undertaking, which written affirmation, promise, or undertaking becomes part of the basis of the bargain between a supplier and a buyer for purposes other than resale of such product.

(7) The term "implied warranty" means an implied warranty arising under State law (as modified by sections 2308 and 2304(a) of this title) in connection with the sale by a supplier of a consumer product.
(8) The term "service contract" means a contract in writing to perform, over a fixed period of time or for a specified duration, services relating to the maintenance or repair (or both) of a consumer product.
(9) The term "reasonable and necessary maintenance" consists of those operations

(A) which the consumer reasonably can be expected to perform or have performed and
(B) which are necessary to keep any consumer product performing its intended function and operating at a reasonable level of performance.

(10) The term "remedy" means whichever of the following actions the warrantor elects:

(A) repair,
(B) replacement, or
(C) refund;
except that the warrantor may not elect refund unless (i) the warrantor is unable to provide replacement and repair is not commercially practicable or cannot be timely made, or (ii) the consumer is willing to accept such refund.

ect,ect,ect