New Gen3 owner with tire to wheel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor404

Reaction score
Just added a 2024 Raptor. Still not willing to spend $30k over msrp on a R at my local dealer. Back story. I picked up a Bronco Raptor. Put a rack and rooftop tent. Hated the ride. So I turned it into my daily and now doing a camping setup for myself and the mrs on this F150 Raptor. If it was not the R model, I did not want the 37 package. I had a Gen2 with the 35's and loved it. And I have done the whole after market wheels. But I will be using this truck for long distance and light off road use. So I prefer to stick to factory tires that Ford spent a ton of money doing test on. And for wheels, not a whole lot out there that I like. I do however like the bead lock capable R wheels. Found a nice set from a fellow member here. My local tire shop said the BFGoodrich 315 "should" fit the R wheels. Hmmm. So I googled. Getting all different answers. Some said the 315/70-17's are 11 inch and so that will not fit the R wheels since the R came with 12.5" wide tires. Or is that even correct? Before I have the local shop remove and find out half way that the 315/70 will not fit, I thought I would ask here. Just drove the F150 to the beaches and night and day difference from the Bronco. No way the Bronco should cost more than the F150. And I made it one way on one gas tank with 187 miles to spare.