Wheel and Tire Setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Those wheels come in -12 or +20 offset for the 18". If you are going -12, you will rub even with a 1.5" or 2" collar. If you are going +20, you don't need to have to level to mount them up. Those are the only freebies you will get. Start over and introduce yourself and post a pic of your truck. This is a community of give and take. Don't just be a "taker".

OP
OP
R

RaptorDrew

Reaction score
Wow. I’m surprised at the jadedness of this forum’s members so far. You’ll never meet a greater “giver” and when I have something to give I certainly will. I’ve asked what I thought was a reasonable question (my first on this forum) and didn’t know that it would press so many buttons. I’m grateful for your feedback.

OP
OP
R

RaptorDrew

Reaction score
Members here all have attitudes. Holier than thou…

It’s true you could search and there are threads on this. But if your new and ask a reasonable question, instead of ignoring or answering the question in an effort to be kind and helpful, they roll their eyes and attack.

Here, it is what it is.
Very surprising indeed and I thank you for your reply.

Arizona Free

Reaction score
Wow. I’m surprised at the jadedness of this forum’s members so far. You’ll never meet a greater “giver” and when I have something to give I certainly will. I’ve asked what I thought was a reasonable question (my first on this forum) and didn’t know that it would press so many buttons. I’m grateful for your feedback.
Soon will get the typical ….

bingo card
Prius reference
Post a photo BS.

It’s all minefields. You just have to navigate around the bombs and sharks.

There is lots to learn about Raptors here, if… you can ignore all the BS.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soon will get the typical ….

bingo card
Prius reference
Post a photo BS.

It’s all minefields. You just have to navigate around the bombs and sharks.

There is lots to learn about Raptors here, if… you can ignore all the BS.
its getting pretty terrible, and i initially liked it cause there were just so many PPF threads

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
On my 2024 801a, 35 I am looking to replace the stock wheels and tires with 37x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapps and 18x9 Fuel Rebel (D679) wheels. I am interested in the community’s feedback on this setup and should I install a 1.5” or 2” leveling kit. Thanks.

so.. let’s unpack this.

1) ’24 801 Rap up to 37’s
2) new wheels (with undisclosed offset)
3) should you lift and level.

The awesome FRF search feature has already been adequately championed herein.

#1 has been done and dusted with the OEM Rap 37 tires, the 37x12.5s... you may need to check the tire’s dimensions vs. the OEM 37’s.
#2 & #3: You haven’t stated your objective in these modifications. Are you planning to use the truck more seriously off road, impress the unwashed masses in the starbucks parking lot or somewhere in between?

I don’t know the specifics of the wheels you’re discussing so I won’t offer my thoughts on them in the application but generally if you’re planning on putting different wheels on the Raptor make sure they’re strong enough for Raptor tom-foolery. There are some really nice, aesthetically pleasing wheels out there but I wouldn’t want to take them off road or have to clean them afterwards.

for #3: No.

Before you go leveling, lifting or making other suspension changes, have a goal or objective in mind that is achievable within your budget constraints. Changing one component at a time can create additional stress throughout the suspension that may be unexpected or may cause unwanted side effects. If the lift is needed for what you want to ultimately do with the truck and you don’t have all the money to get across the finish line, you should resist the temptation to install the lift without anything else. Others out there may be able to comment about whether your goals are within the shocks capability, for example, or if any other suspension or driveline components may need attention.

Unless you’re on par with @KentSD or some of the other more serious off roaders here, you don’t --need-- any mods to the truck to really enjoy its capabilities. You may want them, but you don’t need them .