Wheel and Tire Setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BXMBSALLY

Reaction score
There is an official aftermarket wheels thread for the Gen 3 Raptor which is huge - I would say do go through it as there is tons of helpful information - I'll also throw my 2 cents in to be helpful to you, as another member said, you probably won't need anything as long as you go with the +20 offset on the wheels you mentioned. You can fit 37s on these trucks without issues so long as you get an appropriate offset wheel (closer to stock the better) - EXO offload made a video on this with their Gen 3 35 package truck.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Soon will get the typical ….

bingo card
Prius reference
Post a photo BS.

It’s all minefields. You just have to navigate around the bombs and sharks.

There is lots to learn about Raptors here, if… you can ignore all the BS.
Correction ..."there is a lot to learn if..." you use the search function and read the posts that already answered the question. :33:

OP
OP
R

RaptorDrew

Reaction score
so.. let’s unpack this.

1) ’24 801 Rap up to 37’s
2) new wheels (with undisclosed offset)
3) should you lift and level.

The awesome FRF search feature has already been adequately championed herein.

#1 has been done and dusted with the OEM Rap 37 tires, the 37x12.5s... you may need to check the tire’s dimensions vs. the OEM 37’s.
#2 & #3: You haven’t stated your objective in these modifications. Are you planning to use the truck more seriously off road, impress the unwashed masses in the starbucks parking lot or somewhere in between?

I don’t know the specifics of the wheels you’re discussing so I won’t offer my thoughts on them in the application but generally if you’re planning on putting different wheels on the Raptor make sure they’re strong enough for Raptor tom-foolery. There are some really nice, aesthetically pleasing wheels out there but I wouldn’t want to take them off road or have to clean them afterwards.

for #3: No.

Before you go leveling, lifting or making other suspension changes, have a goal or objective in mind that is achievable within your budget constraints. Changing one component at a time can create additional stress throughout the suspension that may be unexpected or may cause unwanted side effects. If the lift is needed for what you want to ultimately do with the truck and you don’t have all the money to get across the finish line, you should resist the temptation to install the lift without anything else. Others out there may be able to comment about whether your goals are within the shocks capability, for example, or if any other suspension or driveline components may need attention.

Unless you’re on par with @KentSD or some of the other more serious off roaders here, you don’t --need-- any mods to the truck to really enjoy its capabilities. You may want them, but you don’t need them .
Thank you for your time and insightful feedback. This will certainly help in making some decisions.

OP
OP
R

RaptorDrew

Reaction score
There is an official aftermarket wheels thread for the Gen 3 Raptor which is huge - I would say do go through it as there is tons of helpful information - I'll also throw my 2 cents in to be helpful to you, as another member said, you probably won't need anything as long as you go with the +20 offset on the wheels you mentioned. You can fit 37s on these trucks without issues so long as you get an appropriate offset wheel (closer to stock the better) - EXO offload made a video on this with their Gen 3 35 package truck.
Thank you for your feedback! I have supplied this information to my wheel and tire guy. I’ll seek the referenced EXO video.