Driving on the beach? Yes/No

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gymnut21

Reaction score
I have done it with my Gen 1 and my Gen 2 and will do it with the gen 3. Never had any issues with the undercarriage or more surface rust.
Perhaps if you lived close to an ocean year-round you may see some issues.

If you are really concerned and if you have a pressure washer, get this or something similar and spray down the undercarriage when you're done.

You can also buy this from a well respected detailer - https://ammonyc.com/collections/exterior/products/boost-anti-salt

Just remember to air down the tires.
We are going to the beach for a wedding, I read in the manual that you do not have to air down the tires on the Shelby Baja F 250 to drive in the sand just put it into low gear...what do you think?

Shepherd_

Reaction score
We are going to the beach for a wedding, I read in the manual that you do not have to air down the tires on the Shelby Baja F 250 to drive in the sand just put it into low gear...what do you think?

Nope - 4H in off road mode (we drive on the beach almost every weekend in the OBX) did so in my Gen 1 and now my Gen 3

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive at least weekly on the beach at South Padre Island
I use 4A have never had an issue and have not aired down.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It depends on where you are, how soft the sand is, etc.

South Padre is like the wild west. I’ve seen minivans, econoboxes, super duty F350’s pulling 25’ RV’s, lifted cartel trucks and everything in between. You pays your money, you go drive on the beach. You get stuck, them’s the brakes.

NPS in Outer Banks mandates a bunch of stuff for park beaches, including airing down. I figured if the minivan in front of me getting on to South Padre didn’t air down, the Raptor would probably be ok. Then again, I’ve seen 2 minivans being towed off the beach so there’s that...

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always air down on any soft sand beach.... What thos guarantees is I won't get stuck and more importantly I won't be that YouTube video of the Raptor stuck on the sand that goes viral.
Yessir… I promise you can get em stuck even with the tires aired down to 18 psi. We were intentionally playing around with its capability to “dig itself out”. Very deep sand and up a small hill… I got it a little stuck but then it buried itself to the steps. We were having fun… BUT… Every year we are out there… the vast majority of vehicles that get stuck are 4wd pickups that have not aired down. Actually pretty funny to watch…

Just air it down… really not a big deal.

Attachments

• IMG_2258.jpeg
    IMG_2258.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2260.jpeg
    IMG_2260.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2259.jpeg
    IMG_2259.jpeg
    348.2 KB · Views: 16