nav-tv front camera/vim bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Noah,

You already know that I am in for the new harness. $75 is good but let me know if you get a better deal. Talk to you soon!

Jeff

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I suppose no harness for us 2012 guys?

I'm still interested in a unit for my 2012 with the front camera. Please PM me or post up if you're taking new orders, I would liek to do this mod before it gets too cold outside to be playing with wires!

kkitowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i figured out another little tid bit....

whenever i start the truck with the remote start and turn it on with the key the reverse camera is forced on. have to double tap rear defrost to turn it off.

Did anyone every figure out more on this? I have this going on with my truck. I usually walk up to the truck and hit the remote start to let the truck idle down and get the oil moving now that it getting colder (30 - 40 degrees here in WI now). When I get in and insert the key, the front defrost is on but the rear defrost is not, but the rear camera is showing while in Park. While not cold enough now, it seems that my rear defrost will not kick in when I really want it too.

On another note, when I get in and just put the truck into drive, the rear camera only stays on until I hit about 5mph and then turns off. I like that feature generally, but didn't know if that is the forced rear from Nav-TV doing it or the truck itself. Anyone else get this as well?

Thanks!