my new hid's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
neveo

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my wife who usually drives a qx56, absolutely hated driving the raptor with the stock headlights at night as she couldn't see much, now she enjoys it as much as i do. people definitely don't try to merge into your lane with truck ,
really haven't taken it off in the desert near Reno yet, but have had a ton of fun in the snow.
with the ADD bumpers i don't worry about damage to my bumper but to severe damage to any car that i might accidentally hit in the front and or back up into. finding parking in some lots can be a pain because of the width of the truck however it fits into most public garages downtown {most i see are 6'8 limits}

i ordered mine from Serramonte ford for invoice plus $500 or so via the costco
auto program. sometimes i park it there and but mostly keep it in my garage spot downtown... i have seen several drunks side swipe cars on their way down Franklin. shoo me a pm if you want to check it out sometime.

OP
OP
neveo

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those lights look good! Not looking forward to the wait. Thanks for the pics

you will really enjoy them, i have a set of rigid d2 spots in my front bumper. i had to use them all the time to asugment my stock lights. now with the retrofits i can barely tell if the d2's are on at the same time the new headlights are on

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you will really enjoy them, i have a set of rigid d2 spots in my front bumper. i had to use them all the time to asugment my stock lights. now with the retrofits i can barely tell if the d2's are on at the same time the new headlights are on

That's good to know!!!

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question: it looks like the stock housing is used, correct? Doesn't that mean that the housing retains the same stock halogen reflectors?

Then, wouldn't this potentially affect the HIDs?

OP
OP
neveo

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question: it looks like the stock housing is used, correct? Doesn't that mean that the housing retains the same stock halogen reflectors?

Then, wouldn't this potentially affect the HIDs?

stock housing with stock reflective background. halogens replaced with 6000k bi-xenon projectors and in my case e55 shrouds. the lower parking light bowls stayed the same with white switchback led's replacing the stock amber bulbs.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alright, this is a dumb question but I really need to know because I'm doing an HID conversion on the H2.

Are light bulb sizes such as H1, H4, H7, etc. based on the light housing or the connection type?

I'd really appreciate an answer on this because I'm going to be doing the conversion this weekend.

soundman98

Reaction score
those are the size and type of base that the bulb uses.

what kind of projectors are you planning on using?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
those are the size and type of base that the bulb uses.

what kind of projectors are you planning on using?

For my H2 I am planning on using these: 92-01 Hummer H1 Projector Headlights - Black :: H1 :: Hummer :: Lighting - Projector Headlights :: Dash Z Racing

I know it says it's for a H1 but it should fit. I guess I need the bulb size H4 for those even though my stock H2 is 9007, right?

//Edit

You guys might be wondering why I'm asking this on a Raptor forum. Well, answer is simple. I'm asking because the guys over at the Hummer forum aren't being very helpful ATM.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alotajs