Must-have accessories - what are/will you be adding to your Gen2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's concerning your name is ****** avenger and your profile pic is a Foreign body on radiograph in a ****** or ******....

Haha just had to point that out.

Haha....funny you picked up on that! Sounds like you may have seen your fair share of foreign body radiographs. Got my name when we were on a raptor run listening to Jason Ellis who referenced him being a ****** Avenger. Separately, I happen to be an ER physician and the foreign body story associated with that particular radiograph was quite a hit on that particular trip.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha....funny you picked up on that! Sounds like you may have seen your fair share of foreign body radiographs. Got my name when we were on a raptor run listening to Jason Ellis who referenced him being a ****** Avenger. Separately, I happen to be an ER physician and the foreign body story associated with that particular radiograph was quite a hit on that particular trip.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Haha that's great. Yes I have dealt with my fair share of experimental patients. Small world as I am an ER physician as well. I just cant understand choices some people make

Last edited:

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked out their stuff already. One of the other members that is putting their rack on sent me the link. Pretty nice stuff.

I think I will likely go with the pace edwards ultra groove with either a Thule or Yakima rack on top. They seem to think that they will hold up fine to heavy abuse/off-roading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have the time and like to build things yourself, you can make your own bike rack, depending on what type of tonneau cover you go with. I have a Bakflip HD that I use for off-roading and made my own bike rack, only cost me about $60 in parts and uses Bakflip bolt location on the front, just changed out the stock one for a longer bolt.

12219-closeup-homemade-bike-rack.jpg

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the time and like to build things yourself, you can make your own bike rack, depending on what type of tonneau cover you go with. I have a Bakflip HD that I use for off-roading and made my own bike rack, only cost me about $60 in parts and uses Bakflip bolt location on the front, just changed out the stock one for a longer bolt.

12219-closeup-homemade-bike-rack.jpg

I've wondered about making something like this myself. How do you secure the rear wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have Bull Ring Shortly low profile tie downs in the 4 stake pockets (they have a router bit with bearings that makes install super easy with just a drill). I just loop a tie down strap through the rear wheels from the rear stake pocket tie downs. Easy to lock them up through the tie down points as well.

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I will likely go with the pace edwards ultra groove with either a Thule or Yakima rack on top. They seem to think that they will hold up fine to heavy abuse/off-roading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have the PE Ultra Groove Metal in route to my house as we speak. I also called them today to get a weight difference between the metal and vinyl version considering the 900lb max weight limitation. The vinyl version (with the aluminum boards) was around 45lbs and the metal version was around 100lbs... something to consider when looking at these. I may exchange for the vinyl lower weight Ultra Groove. Not sure yet...thoughts?

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's a pretty sweet idea. I like the Pace Edwards, but they're pricey. I have the Backflip F1 and may do this as well. Thanks for the idea!

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

I think the roof rack setups look pretty bad ass but I'd never be able to safely get the bike up there.

Does anyone like Thule or Yakima make a roof rack for the 17? Guess I could answer my own question and just go to the Thule website....
I like the look of the roof rack as well.