Maintenance for the factory Fox's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PS94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...Wish i'd found this thread earlier..My shocks look horrendous. i'm usually pretty **** about washing the truck, and I paid attention to the wheel wells and shocks, but they're pitted horribly...hideous to look at. Can a guy polish out all the corrosion? and then get new decals? I doubt this is covered under warranty, even though they look like hell....what to do about my rotton shocks!?

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My shocks already wore out once and were replaced under warranty so now they look like new.

Sent from my Note2

Maddness

Reaction score
I use fluid film for my rust, it stays on about 6 months or so. you can get it in a spray can or gallon can.
I use a gallon and a air compressor with a spray gun from Napa to do the whole underside of my trucks. works great.

smirniotis

Reaction score
Talked to the dealer and it's almost a grand through them to rebuild the shocks and they just send them into fox and leave the truck on a lift so I might just put it on stands in my garage and send them in. I have noticed the ride not as good as when the truck was new mainly over large dips in descending corners. And washboard. Use to be smooth now just a little rougher. The dealer said why not buy a spare set. Haha but may upgrade. Not sure if I want to start modding this truck or start saving.

Black Oval

Reaction score
I sent all 4 of mine to Fox to have them revalved. Its $125 a piece. I have an extra set of fronts and I bought an extra rear and swapped those 1 at a time so I could still drive the truck.

Rears are a piece of cake to swap, only 2 bolts. Fronts are a little more tedious, unbolting the UCA is the easiest, then the whole knuckle drops down and you can take it out.

There is basically no difference between Scab and Screw shock, an additional shim is used inside for the Screws.

Fox recommends rebuilds every 50k miles for everyday street use, mine lasted til about 70k. Once they start of leak the bottoms will accumulate fluid on them, turning them black, very easy to see this.