Looks like no BlueCruise for Raptor - 801a's READ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpl291

Reaction score
The lighting issues are not the end of the world but a lot of 30-40k cars are going to have this option now and moving forward. It’s unfortunate Ford couldn’t get this together for an 80k truck. I frequently make 6-8 hour trips. The reason I wanted it was for safety. God forbid you fall asleep for a second or have another driver compromise your lane. Would be nice to have.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
My sales guy said that I would save $750 on the truck and could add bluecruise down the road when it’s available. The letter clearly says it will not be a feature due to being incompatible.

Do you guys think Ford did this now because the time it’s taking and one day it could become available? I highly doubt it because they will probably now start building raptors without the hardware needed.
Never trust what a "salesman" tells you that's in contrast to the letter put out by the motor company. They are having you sign letters acknowledging you know the hardware will not work going forward. Is it possible they get the software worked out in the future for the Raptor, sure but a salesman can't project that now when Ford isn't...

agerman

Reaction score
That’s absolutely ridiculous. WTF is happening to the American driver? Just drive.
Good god man some of you need to relax and realize not every raptor driver is the same. I want the truck for the off road functionality and the options ford has advertised. It didn’t deter me from buying the truck but is disappointing it’s not available.
For one to assume people don’t like driving because they want an option, which is a pretty cool one, is ridiculous. Last I checked, we are all on this Raptor forum because we appreciate the trucks enough to buy one but some guys want to hate on people for using it differently than they do.
Furthermore, the more people and revenue this truck draws to ford, the more development dollars they will spend on it. Which would be a good thing for all of us current or future Raptor owners. No? So while the feature may seem trivial to you, it is bringing in people who will pay top dollar that indirectly helps us.

Last edited:

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I have become accustomed to driving the way vehicles have been purposed to be operated but I don't see the need for semi-autonomous systems on a niche truck. I would like to respond to several things I've seen on this thread:

Spending $70,000+ on any vehicle doesn't make you as a customer anymore important to Ford nor does it provide a VIP gold star so that you always have your problems alleviated quickly. Paying a higher premium for a vehicle is usually do with specific components rather than quality; in this case you are paying for suspension, different body work, marker lighting, name and HO Ecoboost engine.

I'm not defending Ford however software & security issues could have a liability for the end user. I don't believe this convenient feature is worth the inherient risk if the BCM, APIM, etc modules have an issue. The credit they are offering is reasonable and not required as this was a projected feature that they stated would be available; Ford can make OTA software changes or omissions at discretion. A class action suit would most likely be dismissed before discovery was finished.

Its unfortunate for the ones who really wanted or cared about this feature but the reality is you can either accept it or sell/cancel the order. It's very rare for me to believe that something like this is in the best interest of the end consumer, in this case I believe it is.

Last edited: