Leather Console Lid Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sorge109

Reaction score
1) Go to your favorite parts place and order Part# 9L3Z-1506024-CC (YMMV on $$).

Wait 6 weeks as the part is on National Back Order, then run down to Parts Desk and pick up part.
Return first part 'cos the one in the box is a smooth leather & light tan color . Re-order 2nd part - same part# as 1st part#. Wait a few days and go pick up re-ordered part.
Return re-ordered part 'cos this time the one in the box is a textured dark brown color. Re-order re-ordered part - same part# as the first part# (all sing along).

Have parts Manager call Ford and ask WTF? Seems all the console lids were mis-boxed. They find the correct one and overnight it to me :thumpsup2:

Now you should have one of these:

dsc01241640x480.jpg

dsc01243640x480.jpg

2) Go get a T-30 Torx bit and remove the lid from the center console by unscrewing the 3 Torx bolts.
3) Go get a T-20 Torx bit and Phillips screwdriver.
4) Disassemble your existing and new lid to get access to the lock mechanism.
4a) Unscrew the 4 Phillips screws holding the hinge - remove hinge
4b) Unscrew the 6 T-20 bolts holding the plastic liner of the lid - set aside for later reassembly:

dsc01244640x480.jpg

5) Remove the lock mechanism by unscrewing the final T20 bolt:

dsc01245640x480.jpg

6) Swap existing lock mechanism into new lid - and reassemble in reverse order.
7) Install new lid in Raptor:

dsc01246640x480.jpg

Using a flash (not the above pic), the stitching looks white, but it is really a grey color which matches the center stack and console.

Andy

Just completed this mod and I like it.......Thanks for the part #

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It takes 5 minutes and two screwdrivers not hard at all.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I found it online for 158 + shipping. Just google the part number and it was on the first page of results for me.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part ordered... Woo hoo got a buddy works at Village Ford... Should be cost +10%
pick up and install thursday before the snoball 500

Rajin Cajun

Reaction score
Thinking about doing the mod but it looks like the silver stitching would stick out like a sore thumb next to black stitching on the seats??