GEN 1 Leak Or Seep after Ring and pinion regear 2014 Raptor .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaled

Reaction score
Hi guys hope all is well !

Today I’ve changed my ring and pinion and re geared to 4.56s . Drove the truck 24km and stopped for 10-15 min break for the break in period . Later on , I’ve noticed there is some sort of seep or leak passenger side rear end at the axle tube (pic) some sort of moisturized fluid . but I’m not sure what’s the causes of this ? And what should I replace axle seal ? Axle shaft ? Any OEM part numbers would be really helpful .

Truck is 175k miles / 279k km. Gen 1 2014

Here is a pic, if anyone could chime in would really appreciate it

Attachments

• IMG_3795.jpeg
    IMG_3795.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 19

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Hi guys hope all is well !

Today I’ve changed my ring and pinion and re geared to 4.56s . Drove the truck 24km and stopped for 10-15 min break for the break in period . Later on , I’ve noticed there is some sort of seep or leak passenger side rear end at the axle tube (pic) some sort of moisturized fluid . but I’m not sure what’s the causes of this ? And what should I replace axle seal ? Axle shaft ? Any OEM part numbers would be really helpful .

Truck is 175k miles / 279k km. Gen 1 2014

Here is a pic, if anyone could chime in would really appreciate it
I would hit it with some brake cleaner spray real good and see if it comes back. Maybe it sat with the shaft out and truck was at an angle or something.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes. should have???? I wouldn't say that. might as well..... yes. I don't have the part numbers. The seals and the outer Berings while you were there. would have been a great "might as well". It might be as GCATX says. Give that a try. Or pull the wheel and rotor get a look at the break shoes. They're going to tell the story.

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Yes. should have???? I wouldn't say that. might as well..... yes. I don't have the part numbers. the seals and the outer Berings while you were there. It might be as GCATX says. give that a try. Or pull the wheel and rotor get a look at the break shoes. they're going to tell the story.
Ain't no shoes on a Raptor. Too fast, they would run smooth out of them. :)

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ain't no shoes on a Raptor. Too fast, they would run smooth out of them. :)
He means parts #10-11, the "drum" brakes that make up the Parking Brake; (which is behind the rotor). There's also fresh oil on the front of the dust shield. Quickest way to figure it out is to pull off the brake caliper & rotor, and inspect if it's dry inside. Use a wire brush & brake cleaner (or something similar) to make it as clean as it was brand new.
Does the fluid have a smell? Old fluid smells like death, but if you compare the smell & feel of it to the bottle it came from, that's good to know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240625-213313_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240625-213313_Chrome.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 9

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got all my stuff form Ron's machine. I called ask for Ron, the guy... Knows his stuff....I did every thing NEW, E locker, Carrier bearing, ring, pinion, crush delete, outer seals/Berings, every thing But the axels. and yes @GCATX New Shoes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kaled

Kaled

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies , I just brake cleaned the tube and any residue will update if this persist .