Leadfoot 37" video from a dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A person paying 90k for a Raptor shouldn’t be worried about mpg and especially if they purposely put bigger tires, i upgraded mine from 33 to 35 and the diff was not even close to 2mpg.

The question above was around the Requirement for the 37 sticker on the tailgate, not someone’s ability to pay more in fuel costs.

In terms of the validity of the 37 tire’s impact on fuel economy, you can search the hundred threads here on actual owner’s experience. For the G3 trucks, you can also view the window stickers and see that Ford lowers the estimated fuel economy 2 mph as compared to the 35 trucks.

It doesn’t matter to me personally, just trying to state facts.

2ndFord

Reaction score
I absolutely detest "Lead Foot". Reminds me of a recent post from a 2021 buyer about painting the grill Leadfoot to match the truck, and someone responded about correcting the primer look on the truck before worrying about the grill. Freaking looks like the pastels (not on vehicles) from the 1950's, what Subaru has been doing for years, and what Toyota has started to do. Hey, to each his own. Don't know if anyone will see this or respond to this late post, but in my little pocket of paradise here we had 10.35" of rain on 9/1/21 so I have been without internet and am now just able to catch up on email.

Ccrochet

Reaction score
I absolutely detest "Lead Foot". Reminds me of a recent post from a 2021 buyer about painting the grill Leadfoot to match the truck, and someone responded about correcting the primer look on the truck before worrying about the grill. Freaking looks like the pastels (not on vehicles) from the 1950's, what Subaru has been doing for years, and what Toyota has started to do. Hey, to each his own. Don't know if anyone will see this or respond to this late post, but in my little pocket of paradise here we had 10.35" of rain on 9/1/21 so I have been without internet and am now just able to catch up on email.
I personally am a huge fan of the LF, I was debating the white vs LF and after seeing tons of pics and even looked at a few in person f150s I chose the LF

2ndFord

Reaction score
Obviously no offense intended, cchrohet. Just expressing my opinion. These new pastels seem to have a very deep depth and very rich gloss, but their pastel palettes and lack of metallic just don't strike me well. I have no interest in revisiting the 1950's. As I said, to each his own. Once again with my very few posts I'm DEEP in the minority opinion-wise. And that doesn't bother me in the slightest. Happy with your own choice is the best.

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could not agree more. LF Looks like a primer that got waxed with a clear coat... Not my cup of tea.

Sorry to hear about the rain. Hope all is well for you now!

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I originally wanted LF for my gen2 but got a much better deal on Magnetic at the time. Sooo happy it worked out that way. Bummer they’re not doing it on the gen3s.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Raptors, I have had 2 Ingot Silver, 2 white, and 1 Magnetic. Liked them all. Ordered Leadfoot this time. Just wanted to try something different. If I don't like it, there is always next year. Lol. Probably get 2021 and then 2023 at this rate.

2ndFord

Reaction score
Thanks Raptor37 and BoostCreep. Tain't bothering me none to be in the unsurmountable minority, never has. Nice to know though that others are willing to go down with the ship.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 9.47.21 PM.png
Pretty close amongst the top 3 picks out of a small sample of FRF members. Surprised the silver doesn't do better. I almost ordered silver.

westwind

Reaction score
I am getting LF. It was a dealer ordered truck, I didn’t get to pick the color.

My family and friends gush over that color, I am glad to get the truck but I wish it was Antimatter or Agate Black.

If it is as dark as it looks on the vehicle builder page I will be happy with it.