Intercooler Shutters - removal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shepherd_

Reaction score
Since lower temps = moar power :) I'm not having anything block my air flow lol.

Today my goal was to remove them while in the process of installing my COBB OEM mount intercooler. This is what I know:

Just unplugging the motor that controls the shutters will throw a code.

Removing the shutters is ridiculously easy - you don't even need to turn a wrench >> Bend them forward from the center until the right side pops out, do this to all three and done - motor is still in place and NO Codes, and cleans it up a bit!!

EDIT: it did throw a code later that evening, back to the drawing board (anyone know if the actuator for the shutters can be turned off with Forescan?)

D168207D-8B29-40ED-98B1-F2AC0EA9E9B1_4_5005_c.jpeg. 7853FBF5-ED1B-4942-8546-ACDE29BD804B_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:

TXchris

Reaction score
I like the way you did your bumper. Line X I presume and if so how much it cost you? You have it anywhere else on the truck? I also have a MY2024 but have it in the carbonized grey

OP
OP
Shepherd_

Shepherd_

Reaction score
I like the way you did your bumper. Line X I presume and if so how much it cost you? You have it anywhere else on the truck? I also have a MY2024 but have it in the carbonized grey

Thanks!! I did the bumper (silver portions on the 802) and the skid plate - Line X it was $500. On my Gen 1 (2014) I have those items, the grille, wheel flares, beauty rings and side steps done, that was $1250

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Just remove the fins and leave the frame in place if you are that worried about it. Report back on the differences in temps you are seeing before and after.

TXchris

Reaction score
Thanks!! I did the bumper (silver portions on the 802) and the skid plate - Line X it was $500. On my Gen 1 (2014) I have those items, the grille, wheel flares, beauty rings and side steps done, that was $1250
You wouldn't have a picture of the front further back would you? I'm guessing you have the modular bumper but either way the 801a also has silver on it