Installed 37's on Gen3 35 Raptor - no issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no they were not stiff. just the oem struts ride better.
Makes sense, howver there is no way to achieve 1.0”+ of lift on the OEM struts, and get a better ride?

They design these trucks to be super plush, but when you start changing springs out or adding preload collars, that all out the window.

The Fox race series ride pretty darn plush for me, much more so than the springs and preload collars ever did. That and the down travel is smooth and controlled, no more thud from the strut topping out due to it not having enough rebound damping.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I measured the inside of the collar to confirm that these “1.5” spacers actually net .75” preload. In my case my front end lift was also .75”
To me it looks like the Camburg 1.5” collars give more preload than the RPG 1.5” collars, but I’ve never send them side by side. I can say the Camburg collars gave me 1.5” exactly on the driver side, and about 1.75” on the passenger side.

franky16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes sense, howver there is no way to achieve 1.0”+ of lift on the OEM struts, and get a better ride?

They design these trucks to be super plush, but when you start changing springs out or adding preload collars, that all out the window.

The Fox race series ride pretty darn plush for me, much more so than the springs and preload collars ever did. That and the down travel is smooth and controlled, no more thud from the strut topping out due to it not having enough rebound damping.
You running the race series live valves now?

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say they are pretty good, not as good as the Kings I had on my Gen 2, but pretty good. I still need to dial in my preload and see if I want to run them on Soft, Medium, or Firm with the adjustment knob at the bottom.

TXRaptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loved the ride of the C rated KO2’s, but they are way too skinny looking. I switched them out for Nitto Recon Grapplers and they look wayyyyy better
Hey LeadFoot, would you mind sharing some pics of your ride with the Recon Grapplers? I’m shopping for tires next week as I def agree on the look of the BFGs.
I’ll be sticking with a 37x12.50 and will have to go to a D range tire like a Nitto, Falken, Toyo, etc…thanks!