High mileage owners please check in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i understand. Mines garaged here in MI as well. I wont buy any car anymore unless it will stay in the garage. The shelby and the Raptor fit.

Now I'm crazy about the underbody as well, but living in MI its less about it being "clean" and more about spraying anti corrosives and the such. Looks light years ahead of non treated trucks.
I was renting a garage for the shelby, but its gone now. We don't garage the Rap or Navigator. I still can't believe winchester washes the under belly. LOL. That's serious fanatic level cleaning there. :)

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I was renting a garage for the shelby, but its gone now. We don't garage the Rap or Navigator. I still can't believe winchester washes the under belly. LOL. That's serious fanatic level cleaning there. :)
Heck yeah gotta stick that hose in the frame and give it a good rinse lol.

LARAPTOR62

Reaction score
Thank you for opening this thread back up so we can continue to show how great these trucks are (regardless of generation). The picture was from February but my mileage is just over 261k at the moment. It has given some of the best driving experiences of anything I’ve ever owned. Its bone stock and still looks like new which is why I run across people all the time who obviously has no clue about truck’s because they can’t believe it’s a 2012! I’m like oh yeah she’s old, lol! It’s had very few issues so far and I’ve been milking the power steering and lead frame lately. Have my original shocks rebuilt and ready to install whenever I get around to it. I plan on driving it until it breaks then fixing it and driving it some more. We will see how it goes.

What do you mean by milking the leadframe and power steering?

Just got a 2013 with 90k miles.
Already blew my power steering pump, had it replaced along with reservoir.

Going to do a trans fluid and filter change to try and prevent any leadframe issues

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by milking the leadframe and power steering?

Just got a 2013 with 90k miles.
Already blew my power steering pump, had it replaced along with reservoir.

Going to do a trans fluid and filter change to try and prevent any leadframe issues
I used “milking” as it still works but I know it’s not 100% but I’m still going. My power steering will sometimes growl when turning towards the steering limit just before hitting the stops like after an outing or a road trip so I’m just waiting for it to finally crap out. My lead frame scenario has shown up a few times but I have always been able to shut the truck of and it fixes it, so it just a matter of time before I will have to do it, hence my statement (which may not be the correct term to use). I have just shy of 267k and I am really just seeing how long I can go at this point because now I want to push it until something breaks. I always pull the fluid out of the PS reservoir during my oil changes and put fresh in and as for my transmission, I regularly have the fluid exchanged (before 60k) or have the pan dropped to change the filter. This may or may not prevent the lead frame issue, but it’s something. If I remember correctly in 2022 the transmission kicked down to third on me about 3 times that year and I would pull over, put it in park, shut it off, wait 5 or so seconds, start it up and go like everything is normal. But in 2023 (Jan and Feb) it did it like 5 times. Hasn’t done it since but like I said I’m milking it, LOL.

WHBD

Reaction score
I hit 233333.3 last night in my 2014 SCREW. Stock except for a JDM 93 tune. I bought it with 146k on it in April of 2021. Lots of trips, several hauling trailers or my boat. Including a coast to coast with a packed to the ceiling 28ft enclosed trailer. Best vehicle I've owned. My buddy's 2019 is great but I enjoy not having a car payment.