hAtE to see it... dealer offered me any of their 2024 $5k under MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I live Northern Va, my business is tied to new housing market. This area is typically one of the best new housing markets and I can tell it’s starting to slow dramatically. I feel( but don’t really know) that the high interest rates are going to crash the housing market.
But yes, both sides suck, we need a new system.
Just after the 2016 election, I was talking with a super for DR Horton. He said the day after the election the company closed on 5k acres around here. They had it all drawn up and ready, just waiting to see who won.

It may be similar right now with builders sitting on the sidelines, ready to pounce. That is my hope.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just after the 2016 election, I was talking with a super for DR Horton. He said the day after the election the company closed on 5k acres around here. They had it all drawn up and ready, just waiting to see who won.

It may be similar right now with builders sitting on the sidelines, ready to pounce. That is my hope.
I talked to a couple of buddies who have home improvement businesses. They are usually 6 months out with work, they're both down to 2 -3 months....

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I talked to a couple of buddies who have home improvement businesses. They are usually 6 months out with work, they're both down to 2 -3 months....
To that, I would say that we are coming out of the re-tarded work from home china thing with stupid low interest rates. What I am seeing is that we are kind of back to where we were before covid, happy medium. We in the industry have definitely been spoiled the last few years.

If somehow interest rates could come down a little, we'll start seeing more action. That's what I am hearing from people much smarter than myself.

And if the bad orange man comes back it'll be off to the races, my take.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's always sunny where I am, I didn't get here by accident. But I also remember where I started, and I know there's many people there today, the median income folks, and since this government ran wild with covid put people out of work, shut things down, flush the economy with dollars and lit up inflation, they are suffering and they are a good chunk of this country. For many of them, it's been raining since April of 2020.

NACHOMASTER

Reaction score
It's always sunny where I am, I didn't get here by accident. But I also remember where I started, and I know there's many people there today, the median income folks, and since this government ran wild with covid put people out of work, shut things down, flush the economy with dollars and lit up inflation, they are suffering and they are a good chunk of this country. For many of them, it's been raining since April of 2020.
Great point. What’cha say we get back to talking about our $100k trucks?

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Man some people just can’t be happy. I guess accepting that the economy is on fire doesn’t fit your agenda but wage growth isn’t stagnant and we currently have record low unemployment. In April 2024, inflation amounted to 3.4 percent, wages grew by 4.7 percent. As of June, nominal wages increased 4.2% while inflation was up 3.3%, resulting in real wage gains of 0.9%

And yeah, the middle class is shrinking, that’s what happens when they’re asked to subsidize tax cuts for the 1%. This isn’t the place for this discussion but I didn’t start it.
IMG_3715.jpeg