Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually heard from dealer my truck is built and may be delivered earlier. Fingers crossed!

woot-woot! awesome! I checked again and was told today still tentative 11/10 build.

I'm not too jealous, I really cannot wait to start seeing them - so long as they are not in my area before mine, otherwise start posting away.

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's your build date?

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Mine was just made available this morning with a build date of 10/20.

For those who are getting ETA delivery dates, where are you getting that information?

I live about 30 minutes from the Dearborn plant --- should be a short trip.

Where about in Michigan do you live. I'm in Livonia, and ordered a little over a month ago and still haven't gotten a VIN. It's killing me! What dealership did you order from?

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys I don't want to burst any bubbles and I hope I'm wrong but normally on a new build the initial ETA's are not correct. The trucks normally will come off the line and go through a more critical quality control check which delays them some. If they find any issues it could delay them even longer.

The ETA windows I'm seeing posted are the typical amount of time for delivery once a production line is up and running at normal pace.

Our first order is being built the 17th and we still don't show an ETA for that unit.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where about in Michigan do you live. I'm in Livonia, and ordered a little over a month ago and still haven't gotten a VIN. It's killing me! What dealership did you order from?

Don't feel bad, I ordered mine 2.5 months ago and still no vin# or build date.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 6.2 had 100 miles on it. Note indicated QA checked out some issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

akaie15

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm in Birmingham.

I work on the east side of Detroit. Last January I dropped into the 3 dealerships I pass on the way to work or drive by on routine life. Two said I was 2 or 3 in line. The dealer that had me first never contacted me as promised.

Dean Sellers Ford is closest to my house. They contacted me June/July told me I was third in line and asked for a refundable deposit - I dropped in that day and gave it. As soon as I heard Ford was taking orders I called and placed mine - $5k non refundable. They were selling at MSRP which considering what I was buying sounded fair (better than over) to me. Until I pick up mine, I won't know if they delivered number 1 or 2 (on their list) prior to me.

If I was bumped up the list by the dealer, my guess is it's because I'm local. The GM (Dean Sellers - the grandson of the dealers founder) sounded happy that I was local.

I have found them to be very fair with me.

I haven't bought American in a long time. So far I'm pleased.

Jhillen- where did u buy yours?

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Birmingham.

I work on the east side of Detroit. Last January I dropped into the 3 dealerships I pass on the way to work or drive by on routine life. Two said I was 2 or 3 in line. The dealer that had me first never contacted me as promised.

Dean Sellers Ford is closest to my house. They contacted me June/July told me I was third in line and asked for a refundable deposit - I dropped in that day and gave it. As soon as I heard Ford was taking orders I called and placed mine - $5k non refundable. They were selling at MSRP which considering what I was buying sounded fair (better than over) to me. Until I pick up mine, I won't know if they delivered number 1 or 2 (on their list) prior to me.

If I was bumped up the list by the dealer, my guess is it's because I'm local. The GM (Dean Sellers - the grandson of the dealers founder) sounded happy that I was local.

I have found them to be very fair with me.

I haven't bought American in a long time. So far I'm pleased.

Jhillen- where did u buy yours?

Nice! Glad to hear you paid MSRP. Unfortunately I paid 2k over, which I guess isn't terrible considering what I'm hearing people are paying on here.

I purchased mine from Bill Brown Ford. I'm number 2 in line behind their stock order. I'm hoping by us living local will give us some kind of advantage. I was hoping to at least have a VIN by now, but no such luck.