GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
DRL with markers is all the lighting on the truck minus headlight and brake lights. Essentially turn on your parking lights VIA the knob and that's what you get, just the front amber will be brighter, as DRL > parking lights. There's pictures all throughout this monstrosity of a thread, videos too.
I guess I'm not understanding what the standard/stock DRLs are. Arent headlights included with the stock DRLs?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I'm not understanding what the standard/stock DRLs are. Arent headlights included with the stock DRLs?
No. DRL is daytime running lights, not daytime headlights. Drive your truck toward a window and peep it yourself. DRLs aren't illuminated in Park since, you know, you wouldn't be driving. They're also not PRL, ya dig? Additionally, of you read this entire thread as I and many others suggest, you'd know that I posted that you can exit the truck while in Drive, with the parking brake on, and look at DRLs that way if you still cannot understand it.

Also, above I forgot to mention that the factory fogs aren't included in DRL, which is why there's an option within FORScan to do so. I don't have factory fogs any more so it didn't enter my brain.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No. DRL is daytime running lights, not daytime headlights. Drive your truck toward a window and peep it yourself. DRLs aren't illuminated in Park since, you know, you wouldn't be driving. They're also not PRL, ya dig? Additionally, of you read this entire thread as I and many others suggest, you'd know that I posted that you can exit the truck while in Drive, with the parking brake on, and look at DRLs that way if you still cannot understand it.

Also, above I forgot to mention that the factory fogs aren't included in DRL, which is why there's an option within FORScan to do so. I don't have factory fogs any more so it didn't enter my brain.
Love your response. Some kats just don’t want to do their due diligence. “Hey Professor, will you write my term paper for me?” G T F O…lol

Subaruski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone help point me in the right direction for process of programming a 2021 HVAC control with LED reads outs? Swapping into my 2024.

Subaruski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been there but no specific info on programing process.

There's an entire thread about it separately from this one. Started by @Swarfworks. Take a look.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been there but no specific info on programing process.

So no specifics? Look at just my posts, holy pow batman! Did you visit the thread and skip right to the end, or did you take time to read it all? What about the, now, 112 pages of this monstrosity? I'm not the only one that has done this and posted about it.
I installed mine this morning, and after some frustration I realized I was just an idiot and the truck needs to be running for the heated and cooled seats, along with the heated steering wheel button to work.

After flashing information from a 2021 truck, and then going back to mine, only to start the truck to go for a drive and hit the button...

Everything works with my original ADB data.

Once I stopped being a **** and yanked off the trim piece on the dashboard, it was a few bolts out, a few bolts in, and then shoving it all back together. I'd say going slow and getting a headlamp and being all prissy about everything, under 45 minutes. That includes restoring my factory file to the new module through FORScan and all. Absolutely well worth it for the little digits in my eyes.
Now, if you have specific issues understanding how FORScan works, that's something entirely different and you should visit their webpage and forums if that's the case. If you don't understand the above or figure it out, perhaps you shouldn't be reprogramming modules in your expensive truck.

EDIT: It's also hilarious that you posted HERE asking for help before you posted there. Good job.

Subaruski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched through this thread along with the entire forum prior to posting. I'm not ignorant, just simply asking for a little guidance. I wasn't finding any helpful posts walking through the forscan aspect of the process and you're posts still don't specifically help...

Save module info from 2024, remove 2024 controls, update 2021 controls with 2024 module info?

So no specifics? Look at just my posts, holy pow batman! Did you visit the thread and skip right to the end, or did you take time to read it all? What about the, now, 112 pages of this monstrosity? I'm not the only one that has done this and posted about it.

Now, if you have specific issues understanding how FORScan works, that's something entirely different and you should visit their webpage and forums if that's the case. If you don't understand the above or figure it out, perhaps you shouldn't be reprogramming modules in your expensive truck.

EDIT: It's also hilarious that you posted HERE asking for help before you posted there. Good job.