GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I searched through this thread along with the entire forum prior to posting. I'm not ignorant, just simply asking for a little guidance. I wasn't finding any helpful posts walking through the forscan aspect of the process and you're posts still don't specifically help...

Save module info from 2024, remove 2024 controls, update 2021 controls with 2024 module info?

I want to see if I can make a whole post based on quoted information below that answers your problems.

I found a used one on eBay. It ended up being completely plug and play. No rewiring, no Forscan needed. Just have to take a bunch of interior trims pieces off, which was easier than I figured it would have been. The whole process took probably a half hour.

Finally got around to doing this. Found out a couple of things in the process. I think a few people are getting lucky with an ebay unit from a salvage vehicle that is already programmed correctly and is plug and play. Most of the ebay units are either not programmed at all or the programming is not correct for our trucks. On these units, the codes for the HVAC module will have to be written, but your existing as built codes will work. You do not need to get codes from a 2021 VIN. Just use Forscan to write the codes saved from your original configuration, turn the truck off, and restart. Also pay attention that there are 2 parts of the the HVAC code to write to the new module. I overlooked the second one on my first try. After I figured that out, everything worked great.
and mine again...
I installed mine this morning, and after some frustration I realized I was just an idiot and the truck needs to be running for the heated and cooled seats, along with the heated steering wheel button to work.

After flashing information from a 2021 truck, and then going back to mine, only to start the truck to go for a drive and hit the button...

Everything works with my original ADB data.

Once I stopped being a **** and yanked off the trim piece on the dashboard, it was a few bolts out, a few bolts in, and then shoving it all back together. I'd say going slow and getting a headlamp and being all prissy about everything, under 45 minutes. That includes restoring my factory file to the new module through FORScan and all. Absolutely well worth it for the little digits in my eyes.

So, remove your unit. Install new unit. Use FORScan to program your stock values into the HVAC module you installed. Need more tech info? Again, get familiar with FORScan and that will solve your issue, man. Load up FORScan. Need an adapter? If so, good God please read up on how it even works. You probably have an Apple laptop, too? I mean dude, come on man. Load up FORScan before you swap anything hardware related. Save your factory HVAC files from FORScan to somewhere on your computer. Do the hardware swap. Load up FORScan. Load your factory HVAC values into the new HVAC unit that you just physically swapped.

If you still don't know, don't do it.

Subaruski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Literally all I was asking for was confirmation of this. This didn't require your gatekeeping attitude.

So, remove your unit. Install new unit. Use FORScan to program your stock values into the HVAC module you installed. Need more tech info? Again, get familiar with FORScan and that will solve your issue, man. Load up FORScan. Need an adapter? If so, good God please read up on how it even works. You probably have an Apple laptop, too? I mean dude, come on man. Load up FORScan before you swap anything hardware related. Save your factory HVAC files from FORScan to somewhere on your computer. Do the hardware swap. Load up FORScan. Load your factory HVAC values into the new HVAC unit that you just physically swapped.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Literally all I was asking for was confirmation of this. This didn't require your gatekeeping attitude.
The confirmation was already there but okay. To my understanding, I do not think it is confirmed 2024 to work. Let us know!

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody confirm the brightness mod in Forscan works for the 24's? Worked like a charm on my 23 and was gonna crank this one up to 60% as well

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anybody confirm the brightness mod in Forscan works for the 24's? Worked like a charm on my 23 and was gonna crank this one up to 60% as well
Give it a shot and let us know if it works. Someone's gotta be the first.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My turn for a dumb question for @Antho and others... This is a nit-picky thing, though when parking, the DRL's are on and the orange surround (or however you have it configured) is illuminated. When we shift to park, the DRLs go off, because it's not PRLs, as in Parking Running Lights (my words in a previous post lol). Then, when we open the door, the DRLs come back on. Similarly, when we remote start, everything illuminates, then we push the ignition button and they all go off, only to shift into drive/reverse/neutral to have them come back on again.

Seems like a lot of unnecessary on and off all the time.

Is there a way to configure where they just stay on in Park as well but still shut off when the truck is shut down?

Subaruski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confirm this works on 2024. I think I have mine turned up pretty close to 75% but would have to check.

oo4tqLp.png

Lol, I was going to post the same question. How do we keep DRL orange surrounds on after shifting into park?

My turn for a dumb question for @Antho and others... This is a nit-picky thing, though when parking, the DRL's are on and the orange surround (or however you have it configured) is illuminated. When we shift to park, the DRLs go off, because it's not PRLs, as in Parking Running Lights (my words in a previous post lol). Then, when we open the door, the DRLs come back on. Similarly, when we remote start, everything illuminates, then we push the ignition button and they all go off, only to shift into drive/reverse/neutral to have them come back on again.

Seems like a lot of unnecessary on and off all the time.

Is there a way to configure where they just stay on in Park as well but still shut off when the truck is shut down?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can confirm this works on 2024. I think I have mine turned up pretty close to 75% but would have to check.

View attachment 463697

Lol, I was going to post the same question. How do we keep DRL orange surrounds on after shifting into park?
Awesome news that it works!

If the damn Glare Free existed in the '24, I know of a couple trucks I could be interested in. Maybe in a few years when the laws and manufacturing catches up with the new laws and Congress (I think the razzle-dazzle passed, right?)

I'll keep my lowly '22 until it bleeds, or it no longer suits our needs (never lol)

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DRL brightness does work although when I did it on my 23 back in like March/April I don't remember having to change two BCM lines just one but I did both and set the second to 60%. I did try the temps under oil and stuff for the digital cluster, 24s won't work. When I change the value it reverts it back when I go into the module.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DRL brightness does work although when I did it on my 23 back in like March/April I don't remember having to change two BCM lines just one but I did both and set the second to 60%. I did try the temps under oil and stuff for the digital cluster, 24s won't work. When I change the value it reverts it back when I go into the module.
@RaptorAU try 720-07-01 xxxx-xx54-xx-- That should enable the digital for Engine and Trans.