GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwh

Reaction score
For me, personally, I run the DRL with the markers so all of my auxiliary lights are backlit. I think the truck looks goofy with just the amber surrounds on the headlight and not the three markers in the middle. Plus, I like having the rear lights on so people can see me in the daytime when they're running up on me while on their phone and exceeding the speed limit. The more lights, the better.

It allows me to just get in and not have to change the switch to parking lights, and then back to auto when I get out. Just saves a step and I'm that lazy.

But really, it just looks cool and I like it. Why spend the money if I'm not going to use things for their intended purpose?

View attachment 465463
Right, I get the look your after, but there is no difference than just switching it to the parking light position? You simply just are skipping a step, correct? Otherwise all the backlights on your pods still light up in either switch position?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right, I get the look your after, but there is no difference than just switching it to the parking light position? You simply just are skipping a step, correct? Otherwise all the backlights on your pods still light up in either switch position?
That is correct.

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, personally, I run the DRL with the markers so all of my auxiliary lights are backlit. I think the truck looks goofy with just the amber surrounds on the headlight and not the three markers in the middle. Plus, I like having the rear lights on so people can see me in the daytime when they're running up on me while on their phone and exceeding the speed limit. The more lights, the better.

It allows me to just get in and not have to change the switch to parking lights, and then back to auto when I get out. Just saves a step and I'm that lazy.

But really, it just looks cool and I like it. Why spend the money if I'm not going to use things for their intended purpose?

View attachment 465463
What brightness percentage do you have your DRL's set at?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What brightness percentage do you have your DRL's set at?
I went from 100 to 75 and didn't notice a difference. I went to 60 and noticed a little IIRC. I'd have to guess and say I'm at 75 and I don't have flickering. I can pull my values if you need, and I can post em up.

Probably already have pages back. Dunno.

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went from 100 to 75 and didn't notice a difference. I went to 60 and noticed a little IIRC. I'd have to guess and say I'm at 75 and I don't have flickering. I can pull my values if you need, and I can post em up.

Probably already have pages back. Dunno.
I just changed mine a few minutes ago to 60% and really didn't notice much of a difference. Not sure if its because the angle of the sun at this time of day or what. Maybe ill kick it up to 75% tomorrow and see if i notice a more significant change

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just changed mine a few minutes ago to 60% and really didn't notice much of a difference. Not sure if its because the angle of the sun at this time of day or what. Maybe ill kick it up to 75% tomorrow and see if i notice a more significant change
Let us know!

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will the flickering occur right away if the value is set too high?
Based on the last 115 pages, the consensus is yes. Some have it. Some don't. Never know till you try it. Frankly, my truck is under warranty so if a DRL goes out? Pfft, off to the Lincoln dealer it goes. Figure it out later.

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on the last 115 pages, the consensus is yes. Some have it. Some don't. Never know till you try it. Frankly, my truck is under warranty so if a DRL goes out? Pfft, off to the Lincoln dealer it goes. Figure it out later.
Awesome, thanks for the info!

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed when I drove into work this morning, in the dark, that the amber lights in the headlights are much brighter. You can actually see the amber light reflecting off of road signs as you drive by them.

I didn’t realize adjusting the DRL brightness would also effect the ambers when the headlights are on too